Further Confusion 2007
- Theme: Fur Your Eyes Only
- Guests of Honor: Baron Engel, Jerry Pournelle, Sub-level 03
- Attendance: 2,062 (including 120 sponsors and 71 patrons)
Standard registration cost $50 at the door, while sponsors paid $100 and patrons $200. Part of each registration ($15, $50 and $100 respectively) was a tax-deductible donation to Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc..
The convention events included a dealers' den, Iron Artist, dances, and a fursuit parade in which at least 287 fursuiters participated. 137 panels covered various topics such as writing, furry spirituality, and fursuiting. The official convention charities were the Golden State Greyhound Adoption and the Stanislaus Wildlife Care Center. The art show sales and auctions amounted to $53,881.
The winners of the 2007 masquerade contest included:
- Novice: first place: Usagi, runner-up: Mishka
- Journeyman: first place: Godiva, runner-up: Cackle
- Master: first place: The Beast, runner-up: Iceberg
- Professional: first place: Dar'rushk, runner-up: "Neon"
- Costume-con special award: Nemos
- Best in Show: Cackle
The Executive Staff of Further Confusion 2007  included:
- Chairman: Laura Cherry (Squirrel)
- Vice Chairman: Vandrav Sheridan
- Media Relations: Lee Strom (Chairo)
- Business Director: Chris Sturtivant (Findra)
- Asst. Business Director: Jerry Tien (Silene)
- Events Directors: Michael Sawyer (Aeto) and James Lenigk (Fyx)
- IT Director: Vince Cardinale (Berg Polarbear)
- IT Second: Michael Graff (Skandragon)
- Marketing Director: David Cooksey (Flint)
- Executive Secretary: Elizabeth French (Genevive Fox)
The conbook for Further Confusion 2007 is color thoroughout, 54 pages, with a front cover by Baron Engel and back cover by Smudge. It contains a message from the chair and vice-chair; the Code of Conduct; listings of staff, patrons and sponsors; description of the guests of honor and of events. It also includes three fiction pieces: "Morale" by Matthew Joseph Harrington, "Even Double Agents Need Days Off" by Renchan, and "The Crucible" by Kim Liu, illustrated by Dave Bryant. There is interior art by Baron Engel, Blue Tiger, Bill Fitts, Brian Reynolds, Daniel "Hoagiebot" Keller, Dook, DJ Mixer, Frank Gembeck, James L. Brandt, N, Shuik, Smudge, and Konrad.
- A change to cash basis accounting meant forthcoming FC2008 costs were not counted as a liability for this year. This altered the balance compared to last year.
Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc. started the year with $136268 in assets, including $74401 in cash (and temporary cash investments). They ended the year with $158712 in assets, including $90752 in cash. Liabilities were zero, making their gain/loss for the year $22444 ($16351 in cash), and their net balance $158712.
Note: These financials provide just a brief overview, and should be considered in context. Each convention has its own situation, which may change from year to year. Special events (like art shows) that are part of a charity's mission are usually run at a loss. Conventions typically have many other expenses which may come to far more than those listed. Check the source for further details.
- Notes and Numbers from FC2007. Post by Frysco to the FurCon LiveJournal, January 25 2007.
- 2007 Artist Agreement states 10% commission, commission total was $5,388.10 in 2007 (AAE 2007 Form 990, p30)
- Further Confusion 2007: Fur Your Eyes Only. Milpitas, California: Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, 2007. p. 26.
- Further Confusion 2007: Fur Your Eyes Only. Milpitas, California: Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, 2007. p. 2.