Watts Martin (also known as Chipotle) is a writer who lives in Silicon Valley, California, USA. Watts has been involved in furry fandom (where he represents himself as a coyote) since the late 1980s, primarily as a writer and fanzine editor/publisher. He was a guest of honor at Albany Anthrocon 1997 and Eurofurence 14.
Watts contributed to FurVersion and YARF!, and edited and published both FurBytes, a short-lived electronic furry fanzine, and Mythagoras, a semi-professional furry publication published sporadically throughout the 1990s. In October 2004, Watts launched a short-lived fiction webzine, Claw & Quill. After years of plotting to relaunch it as a curated story archive, he announced plans in 2013 to form a non-fiction online magazine under the same title.
Many of Watts's stories are set in Ranea, a fantasy setting with humans and anthropomorphic animals in a world where magic is treated as an engineering discipline and technology is at a roughly Victorian level. Two of the most famous early Ranea stories are novellas featuring Revar Desmera, a vampire bat.
- "A Gift of Fire, a Gift of Blood," originally serialized in YARF! (2013 revision, free online)
- "The Lighthouse," the "Gift of Fire" sequel from YARF!
- "Indigo Rain," published by FurPlanet in January 2013 (Coyotl Award winner)
- "Going Concerns," in FurPlanet's Five Fortunes in January 2014 (Coyotl Award nominee)
- "The Fence" in MU Press's shared world anthology The Furkindred
- "How George Miles Almost Saved the World," originally in YARF!, reprinted in Best in Show
- Why Coyotes Howl, short story collection published by Sofawolf Press in 2005 (Ursa Major Award nominee)
- "Tow," in FurPlanet's The Furry Future
- Chipotle's profile on Twitter. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Chipotle's profile on Fur Affinity. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Claw & Quill goes live - Watts Martin, Flayrah (19 October 2004)
- Non-fiction magazine 'Claw & Quill' seeks (re)launch material - GreenReaper, Flayrah (14 May 2013)
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Coyote Prints (writing weblog, mostly furry; LiveJournal mirror)
- Coyote Tracks (technology weblog)
- Stories by Watts Martin on The Belfry Webworks
- Chipotle on Fur Affinity
- Chipotle on Weasyl
- Chipotle on SoFurry
- Stories by Watts Martin on Mia's Index of Anthro' Stories
- Watts Martin on Goodreads
- Chipotle on Twitter