Vanity Fair is an American based magazine, covering current culture, fashion, and politics events, and published by Condé Nast Publications since 1914.
Vanity Fair and furry
The magazine published on its March 2001 issue an article by George Gurley about the furry subculture entitled Pleasures of the Fur. It was generally regarded as a very unfavourable portrayal of the fandom.
The Vanity Fair coverage has been mentioned in subsequently in regards to furries. For example, in a 2004 interview the director John Waters is asked why he hasn't "addressed" furries. He replies "I haven't done that because Vanity Fair had that big article about it, and I never really believed it was true."
In July 03, 2009 CNN's Anderson Cooper  joined on a report about Anthrocon. In the report they called the convention "Furry Fest" and told the viewers to google the Vanity Fair article to learn more about what is happening at the convention.
- Vanity Fair at Wikipedia
- Sarah discovers the truth behind furries - Parody Google video short mentioning the Vanity Fair article
- Ramlow, Todd R. Sex Education, John Waters-style. Interview posted October 7, 2004.
- Anderson Cooper 
- Pleasures of the Fur the article on the official website
- Vanityfair.com- official website
- Pleasures of the Fur review at Pressed Fur
- The Vanity Fair article does not represent me - February 9, 2001 post by Xydexx to alt.fan.furry
- An Open Letter to Vanity Fair - February 21, 2001 post by Eric Blumrich on alt.fan.furry
- FUR: What my friend has sent to Vanity Fair - March 21, 2001 post by Alan Kennedy on alt.fan.furry
|This article about an Internet topic is stub - can you it?|