Despite the Zanimum 19:49, 3 July 2007 (UTC)received, will you consider posting WikiFur News' reportage of Anthrocon to Wikinews? We're always looking for original reporting, especially from reporters who's writing is as strong and interesting as yours. --
- Sure, as long as Wikinews doesn't mind it going up here as well. I may decide to condense the end result somewhat for Wikinews, as I plan to make several shorter posts here as ongoing coverage. Others may also be writing about it, but WikiFur News is dual-licensed CC-BY-2.5 so there should be no problem with that. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:12, 3 July 2007 (UTC)
Just thinking, you have to tell people WikiFur News contributors that any changes they make to your article on this site are co-licensed as CC-BY, not just the normal GFDL.As soon as I typed that, I read about the dual licensing, that's great! I don't know why the Wikia default is GFDL, instead of Creative Commons, GFDL is such a weird license, since you technically have to reprint a whole three-page document with even just a sentence excerpted.
- Yeah, whatever length or format you'd like.
- Hi, I've asked the anon on their talk page, about this edit. Hopefully they reply.
- Great article on the con on Wikinews, I've reworded a little teeny bit here and there, and added a definition of what a fursuit is. (When I posted your play article, people were entirely dumbfounded what a furry is, which is I guess better than the default response so many have.
- I've added Lucky Coyote's pic to the fursuit article on Wikipedia. Do you know Blondefoxy to any extent? Presumably she has no qualms against the picture use, however I had asked a few weeks ago if she'd release a picture of Lucky or Lucky + Skuffy(?) under a Creative Commons license for Wikipedia, no reply. I don't want to peave anyone off... -- Zanimum 16:18, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for adding your clarification to . Sometimes it's hard to know what things do or don't need further explaining in the body text (the article was already very long, so I was hesitant to put in much more exposition). I didn't know you posted the one about the play; I've added that to the related news section.
- I must admit that I do not know Blondefoxy/Lucky personally, and indeed I did not know that was another name of hers. Most fursuiters tend to be fairly happy about people showing off their costumes, though, and Lucky was one of those actively participating in group skits and posing for pictures. You could try the other contact details on her deviantART account if you really want to contact her about it. Oh, and her mate is Skuff Coyote. --GreenReaper(talk) 17:05, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
Look at it before the end of the week, when they take it private. Stumbled across it in an ad industry email newsletter, thought I'd drop by, just in case you thought it was worth mentioning in Wikifur. -- Zanimum 15:33, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hehe, yeah . . . they actually made a whole video out of it which made the rounds a week or so ago. Perhaps it'll help attract new blood to FranFurence! ;-) --GreenReaper(talk) 16:13, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
Know when the "exact figures from RCFM and FWA" will be available? This would be great for Wikinews. -- Zanimum 18:27, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- I've been chatting with Brody but he hasn't been able to dig them up yet. Also contacted Kiran Lightpaw but don't believe I got anything back. --GreenReaper(talk) 20:46, 1 March 2008 (UTC)
- Even if you can get only one of the two, that would be enough to make it current, and news in terms of Wikinews' standards. -- Zanimum 21:53, 1 March 2008 (UTC)