'ey Sine. Thanks for looking out for me back there, though I decided to remove the links to FA and SA for a few personal reasons. I appriciate your help, though. -Aelius 16:17, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
I have been slacking on my page, but when will it be okay for me to remove the apparently-broken cleanup template? Nekonaru Letao 01:20, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- Whoops, broken from a typo. I've just fixed that point. As for removing the cleanup template, that can be done whenever the article is tidy enough to no longer need it. I would strongly suggest move the real life information up to nearer the top of the article, establishing that Nekonaru Letao is an alias of such and such a person (I assume) before launching into the character's background. There's also some material (Tastes is the section that really sticks out) that need to be trimmed and worded more formally (perhaps moved to your user page). I can work on some or all of the above, if you'd like a hand. -- Sine 07:21, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you for the offer, but I have a lot of editing to do anyway ^^; I just have to plan it out and get other things done for RL, y'know? Nekonaru Letao 14:44, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- Of course. There's no tearing hurry. Best of luck with your things. -- Sine 20:12, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
Alex A. Fawkes
Since you edited Alex A. Fawkes, I was wondering if you knew where the Alex A. Fawkes comic was. Due to what Scaramouche says, I'm wondering if both the articles are hoaxes. --EarthFurst 09:00, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
- No idea, sorry, I was probably just copy-editing. -- Sine 20:40, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
Talk to User: Sine
I hope you are happy destroying other furrs profile pages. You really are great at that. If wikifur's gonna have more admins like you the whole page will die. Thank you. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by TerrisRacoon (talk • contribs) .
- I didn't touch your profile page, which is User:TerrisRacoon. What I did edit was TerrisRacoon, which is an article about you. Perhaps you would like to copy an older version of that (you can find those in the history) to your user page? You can have your user page just about exactally as you want, and by custom the only edits done to those are to add or occasionally remove appropriate templates or categories. -- Sine 20:54, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't touch your profile page--well, looking at the history, I see I exaggerated on that point. I placed a chunk of text there which I'd removed from the article about you as inappropriate, in order to preserve that text elsewhere than in the history, and just now I re-added the ContributorU template, which is placed on the user page of people who also have an article about them here on WikiFur. -- Sine 03:44, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hi there, Terris. I thought I should comment here . . .
- Please understand that WikiFur isn't a furry myspace - it's for information, and people may disagree about what information is useful or not on any particular article. You don't have to instantly agree with any particular user, of course (whether or not they're an admin) - but people usually have a good reason for their edits.
Thank you soooooo much for creating the article on me! I added some more information to my userpage (if you want to add that to the article). Anyways, thank you!! Wolfie 20:30, 8 October 2006 (UTC)
Hey Sine! You added a cleanup template on my article page, but didnt list a reason. Could you please explain? Thanks!--Tabbicus
- It basically just needs some tweaking. The subheadings should continue in lower case (except for proper names), there's a little more bolding than you need. (The second instance of Tabbicus doesn't need to be in bold.) Soem of the wording needs smoothing, as describing the personality of characters is okay, but we don't need description of a person's personality in an article, nor assessments of their skill. So, "He has an impressive knowledge of the parks and is always happy to discuss the topic." should probably be cut or moved to your use page.
- Let me know if you'd like a hand with any of the above.
- Sorry for not listing a reason with my edit; I'm trying to get into the habit of putting a reason every time. -- Sine 20:47, 9 October 2006 (UTC)
- That would be great! I went in and tweaked it a little but I would definately appreciate any help you can offer.--Tabbicus
Thank you for cleaning up my page, im new to the wiki. :3
Wolfers Revert question
Hiya!, I was just wondering why Wolfers external links were reverted off his page I was working on.. Are they not allowed? I'm waiting on a litte more info that he's sending me via email to improve the stub so its just like mine in format, but was just wondering what the guidlines were before I continue. (When I first made the page I also wasn't logged in, I was IP: 22.214.171.124) Thanks in advance! Wulfsige 16:11, 20 october 2006
Thank you for helping on my page. I was wondering how to reference myself in an objective sense on here similar to what a wikipedia article would be. Should I insert some character history as contained in my original website? Wasn't sure about how to go through with it.
Heuvadoches 00:46 22 October 2006
- Sorry, I managed to miss your talk page comment. You're welcome for the help. Thank you for adding information in the first place! You certainly could include some character history, although if it's already in your website, it might be best to just include a summary in the Wikifur article, with a link. -- Sine 18:22, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
Regarding your recent edit to Butterscotch Vixen - good work. I'd noticed some of the problems myself when I had edited the article shortly before you did, and was in a hurry and didn't have time to fix them myself. But I'm curious why you removed Category:Puppeteers. She has emceed the puppet show at MFF and I've seen her work with puppets on other occasions. If your only objection is that none of this is mentioned in the article, I can fix that easily. --mwalimu 18:12, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you! Re: puppeteering, please do! I thought the category might have been added in error. -- Sine 18:15, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
John Christmas pic
Sure, I will reupload it with a better name, I'm really sorry about that - RVDDP2501 23:45, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
ok, is that better? - http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Image:Shawntae-JohnChristmas.jpg - RVDDP2501 23:49, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
- Looks good. Thanks! -- Sine 02:41, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
New articles about people
Thanks for creating all these new articles about people! A couple of small points:
- "Soandso is an x who lives in" reads more smoothly, and is more grammatical, than "Soandso is an x living in"
- fursona should be a WikiFur link, as we do have that article and it may not be a familiar term to readers
-- Sine 17:13, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
- OK, thanks Sine, I'll start phrasing it as "x who lives in" in future, and make links to "fursona" if it comes up. --Higgs Raccoon 18:51, 27 October 2006 (UTC)