Welcome to WikiFur! Thank you for telling us about yourself. We here at WikiFur look forward to working with you. Let us know if you need any help not already provided. If you would like help continuing to create the article you were working on, or any other article, don't hesitate to consult the Furry Book of Style or just contact a colleague. Have a nice day! :-) When making multiple edits to an article, please use the "Show preview" button to view intermediate changes, and try to limit use of the "Save page" button to when you are finished making all of your changes. Frequent use of "Save page" during editing tends to clutter the article's edit history and the site's change log. --Higgs Raccoon 06:30, 3 May 2012 (EDT)
- Please do not undo edits which put articles into their proper WikiFur format.--Higgs Raccoon 18:39, 4 May 2012 (EDT)
- Fine. - User: Mellow.yote 08:37, 5 May 2012 (PDT)
My pic deletion
Hi, on my profile page Connor J. Coyote you recently deleted one of the new images I posted on my profile - at this former page - ConnorJCoyote2014-Photo-ConnorJCoyote.jpg - and left the comment: "Unusable media: Exact same image as 2013 deleted version. Complete head/fursuit preferable, without superimposed text". The thing is - I strongly prefer to have the watermark text on my pics - as I'm trying to protect my fursona images from being used by others, which is why I added it. I prefer to post my pics that way, from now on - (everywhere), which in turn will make this version of this photo the only one available for use.
Secondly, there are no photos currently available that show me in full suit at the present time. This is a partial suit, and - a full-bodied pic of me in my fursona does not exist. I would like to place the (previously deleted) photo : ConnorJCoyote2014-Photo-ConnorJCoyote.jpg on my profile page - as that gives some visual reference to readers about the fursona being divulged. When you have time, please advise - before I attempt to re-post it. Thank you. Connor J. Coyote
- Initial image was unusable for use in the Wikia article due to: Not fully showcasing item/person, dark/muddy, extreme closeup (unidentifiable object in general). Second deleted image: All stated reasons plus non-allowed watermarks.
- "I strongly prefer to have the watermark text on my pics — as I'm trying to protect my fursona images from being used by others". In that case, public showcasing is not the best option. "I prefer to post my pics that way, from now on". Sorry, not here.
- "Secondly, there are no photos currently available that show me in full suit at the present time. This is a partial suit, and — a full-bodied pic of me in my fursona does not exist." You are welcome to post it at such time when the full suit is finished. Using the unusable image as a placeholder is not an option. Hope this info helps. — Spirou 00:35, 8 May 2014 (EDT)
- Then the only thing I can use right now is the former image that was on there previously. Connor J. Coyote
- Which image is this?. - Spirou 00:58, 8 May 2014 (EDT)
- Well - you know - now that you've gone out of your way to bust my balls about the small photo on my page Connor J. Coyote - and you've done everything you can to give me hard time - (in a rather rude fashion, by the way) - let me kindly say - go fuck yourself.
- You're tripping out over a small, harmless, basic photo on a wiki page - that the majority of people would have no problem with, which has a small watermark placed on there - for a fursona that doesn't really exist in the real world anyways.
- Dude - it's not that big of a fucking deal. Really.
- You know, it's people like you that often do an excellent job in ruining the internet (for the rest of us) - as you make it less enjoyable, more stressful, and more time consuming. You go and turn something so trivial into something more than it really is.
- Fuck off - and forget about it then.
- If you're going to give me such a hard time - I won't bother. Connor J. Coyote 08:12, 10 July 2014 (PDT)
- (A) The (single) explanation why the image was unusable is not "being rude", "giving you a hard time", "busting your b*lls", or "ruining your internet experience". It was just a minor one post indicating the problems with the images.
- (B) The same information has been presented to many other users in the past regarding similar problems, which just resulted on them selecting another image that would work on their articles, none of them feeling that pointing such possible problem was a perceived "personal vendetta" of the Wiki staff against him/her/them.
- (C) "Dude - it's not that big of a fucking deal. Really." Yes, it's really not; congratulations on being the first user to wait almost 3 months to blow up/making a "f*cking" deal about such a minor issue while telling a curator to "go F*ck yourself" and "F*ck off". Please refrain from such behavior in the future, and watch your language, it's petty and uncivil. — Spirou (talk) 13:33, 10 July 2014 (EDT)
Your request to have page(s) about you deleted
- (also posted to Spirou's user talk page) Hi, Connor - I'm not one of the admins, or curators as they're called here, but I can point you in the right direction. What you're looking for is Personal exclusion. If you follow that link, it will take you to the policy on personal exclusion and how to request it. Short form - you need to contact a curator. On the policy page the word 'curator' is wikilinked to a staff list; the curators are the first five in the list in the side box. I'm sorry I can't help you more, but I'm only another contributor myself. GingerM (Leave me a message) 01:38, 15 July 2021 (EDT)