Tempe O'Kun, also known as Tempo (born 1985 in Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA) is a furry novelist who lives in Bismarck, North Dakota, USA. He is best known for publishing Sixes Wild and Windfall, as well as Nordguard: The Card Game.
- 2010 - Heat #7 - "Code Drop" (short story)
- 2011 - Heat #8 - "Short Film" (comic)
- 2012 - Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny (novel)
- 2012 - Sixes Wild: The Bluff (comic)
- 2012 - Heat #9 - "The Prisoner" (short story)
- 2013 - Heat #10 - "In Season" (poem)
- 2013 - Nordguard: The Card Game (card game)
- 2014 - Heat #11 - "The Case of the Gelatinous Gemstone" (short story)
- 2015 - Windfall (novel)
- 2015 - Nordguard: Tribes of the White Land (card game)
- 2015 - Heat #12 - "Cosmoknots" (poem)
- 2016 - Heat #13 - "With All Faults" (poem)
- 2016 - Sixes Wild: Echoes (novelized anthology)
- Bismarck State College Instructor of the Semester - Winter 2014
- Ursa Major Award - Best Game of 2013 for Nordguard: The Card Game (nominee)
- Coyotl Award - Best Novel of 2012 for Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny
- Western Writers of America Spur Award 2012 for Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny (nominee)
- Guest of Honor at Camp Feral 2014
- Ursa Major Award - Best Novel of 2015 for Windfall (nominee)
- Coyotl Award - Best Novel of 2015 for Windfall (nominee)
- Guest of Honor at Abando 2016
O'Kun's interests includes horseback riding, video games, launching objects with giant slingshots, hosting bonfires, cycling, and role-playing games. He has graduated from culinary art school as well as getting degrees in English and Computer Science. Tempe O'Kun is a member of the Western Writers of America as well as the Furry Writers' Guild.
Tempo also teaches and gives presentations at Bismarck State College, his alma mater. As of 2014, his classes include novel writing, getting published, and interactive storytelling.
O'Kun is also active within the fandom and is a regular attendee at Anthrocon where he has held novel previews and book signings. He has also attended Midwest Furfest, San Diego Comic-Con, and Further Confusion several times. He was a guest of honour at Feral! 2014. He was also guest of honor at Abando, a furry convention in Sao Paulo, Brazil. He has also appeared multiple times on the South Afrifur podcast.
Tempe was the game designer for the Nordguard card game that is based on Blotch's first Nordguard graphic novel. This project has over 50 illustrations from Blotch and was published in 2012 from Sofawolf Press.
He has been active in the Elder Scrolls game-modding community since about 2005. He voiced a playable race of Final Fantasy moogles in The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind in the Mog*Mod, working with webcomic artist Ian McConville.
Tempo's fursona is a Siberian husky dressed in a cowboy hat and boots.
Tempe O'Kun has written a series on Sofurry and Fur Affinity and his first novel, Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny, was published in June, 2011 and is available from Sofawolf and Rabbit Valley. His other works include Code Drop, a fully illustrated short story that was included in Heat 7, and Adept Paws, a fantasy series that was posted on his Fur Affinity account.
- Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny - A free supplementary comic book called Sixes Wild: The Bluff featuring art from Sidian has also been made. Additionally, previews for a Sixes Wild animated short film have been posted on his Fur Affinity. The short is animated by TheFunkyOne and the script written by Tempo. A number of independent Sixes Wild short stories can also be found on his Fur Affinity account.
- Code Drop - The Code Drop series follows the odd couple consisting of a serious-minded, slightly tomboyish jackal named Tess and her goofy, playful Golden Retriever boyfriend Erik. The series is a romantic, erotic tale of their relationship and respective character development. Code Drop is posted as a series of chapters on Fur Affinity and SoFurry. More than a dozen short stories in this series had been posted as of December 2011. An original, fully-illustrated Code Drop story was also printed in Heat 7.
Tempo's work has also appeared in volumes 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 of Sofawolf's Heat anthology.
Aside from his original works, Tempe O'Kun has also written the fantasy series Adept Paws as well as Dog City, Jak and Daxter, Elder Scrolls, Bolt, and Regular Show fanfiction, the later being the series with which he started his career as a writer in the furry fandom.
His Bolt fan fiction follows the dog Bolt and the teenage human Penny, his owner to whom he directs all his love and attention. The series has been on the back-burner since 2010 as O'Kun shifted focus towards his original creations, but has seen a resurgence in late 2011 due to popular demand and is now posted on SoFurry under the account of Mittens, one of his editors for the series. The stories are some of the most popular of all time on SoFurry, consistently ranked in the top 15.
Adept Paws is the author's first and only fantasy series. Like Code Drop and Sixes Wild, it centers on the romantic relationship between two characters namely the vixen Rea and a young, feline adept named Jax. As her village, Lagan, is attacked by flying beasts, some of the young adepts, including Jax, are captured and brought away. Rea, determined to get back to Jax, joins a search party from the village and sets out to find the other adepts.
Tempo has also posted Elder Scrolls fanfiction, which he intends to include as part of a mod for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. This series is a romance between the Argonian Swims-With-Wolves and a mysterious vulpine Lilmothiit.
- Interview with Tempe O'Kun, Author of Sixes Wild: Manifest Destiny (And Kindle version launch announcement) - arakum, Red Furros (20 April 2013),
- , Furry Writers Guild.
- Author Tempe O'Kun ~ Mike Dragosavich of Spotlight Media ~ Chef Rosey on Potatoes broadcast on Prairie Public Radio's Main Street. Aired November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- Tweet on the Feral! account on Twitter. Dated February 10, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.