Talk:Kurrel the Raven
I am curious as to why the list of Kurrel's aliases were removed in this edit. --Dmuth 18:50, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)
I just felt like it. --Kurrel
Reason for Rollback
There is a place for a bit of whimsy on WikiFur, but articles filled with patent nonsense can and will be edited down to only verifiable information. --Duncan da Husky 17:11, 10 Jan 2006 (UTC)
I appreciate there's good justification for DuncanDaHusky's public-mindedness based on the premise that wikis should provide accurate information. However, I really like Anfael's version of the page; its lies and fabrications are honestly so, plus it gives people a laugh. I'd rather have an indignant lie of a biography on this wiki than something completely straight anyway. If you don't understand why i would want that, you shouldn't be editing my article. I'm getting tired of public-minded citizens making corrections to this article in the name of accuracy and truth when they hardly know me. And verifiable information, Duncan? Nobody's so much as emailed me to check if what's on the wiki about me is kosher.
I realise now that it was a mistake to contribute an article with my name on it to the wiki in the first place. The article is therefore useless.
I choose to reinstate Anfael's article in place of a straight informational page on the grounds that it's a better expression of my own identity. I also choose not to be a pissing pole for humourless automatons with no greater purpose to serve.
If the wiki admins don't want Anfael's article about me here, i respectfully request that you delete the article entirely back to its blank state. I'd do it myself except that i don't (care to) know how. --Kurrel the Raven
- No problem, I just removed the contents and put the "excluded" template on the page. That should put a stop to any further edits on the article. --Dmuth 21:57, 11 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sorry that you feel that way. If you were looking for an expression of your identity, though, why not make a user page and put it there instead? You can say what you like on there (well, within reason, but it's a pretty big reason, given that it's the page that's coming "from you" rather than the article about you from WikiFur :-). --GreenReaper(talk) 07:23, 12 Jan 2006 (UTC)
The subject of this article has requested personal exclusion. If anyone wishes to object to this, please do so within 24 hours. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:40, 16 October 2011 (EDT)
- Excluded in 2006, un-excluded in 2007, then back to excluded request now, if I'm interpreting edit and discussion history correctly. -- Sine 17:46, 16 October 2011 (EDT)
- It's unfortunate that one of the more notable musicians in furry fandom doesn't wish to have an article about himself here, but I suppose that's not sufficient cause to decline the request. Besides, we already have a separate article about his best known song, The Furry Song, which apparently isn't going away (and shouldn't; personal exclusion doesn't extend to notable works someone created, although I'm aware of at least one instance of an author actually doing that which is as it currently stands (inappropriately, in my opinion, but I didn't want to get into an argument/edit war with him)). --mwalimu 18:39, 16 October 2011 (EDT)
- Yes, I looked through but there didn't seem to be anything hugely notable, separate from his personal activities. Furry x 60 also has an article of its own. --GreenReaper(talk) 18:47, 16 October 2011 (EDT)
- I'm interested to see how this would go. While Kurrel himself is notable, what he's notable for, as has been discussed, has articles of its own. At the same time, he's been excluded before and changed his mind, which makes it seem fickle and suggests he may do it again. While I'm generally opposed to exclusion, I'm going to hold back a vote for this one. Equivamptalk 08:56, 17 October 2011 (EDT)
- I didn't see anything raised or in the article which would preclude exclusion, so it's done. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:44, 18 October 2011 (EDT)