I think there are a couple of inaccuracies in the article that should be dealt with... one, Desiree doesn't "draw his comics for him." They both work together on a lot of pieces, yes, but the article implies that she's working for him or some such.
He still does artwork as best as he can with his medical condition, although he finds the rampant piracy of his stuff to be frustrating.
And I think to say that "he never returned" sounds pretty final. "Has yet to return" may be more fitting.--184.108.40.206 08:37, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
- I've made a few changes and several additions. I'm still not entirely sure whether the "friend" bit is appropriate, but I don't know the situation, so I'm leaving it there. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 09:08, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
- Made a few more minor changes. Want to indicate that he occasionally posts up new works on various chan-style imageboards, but wasn't sure how. I know I see him doing new red-pencil and occasionally even inked works on Onechan and Yiff FAP. Incognit000 19:37, 8 April 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I finally got the eye surgery I've been needing for the past several years. I reckon it'll only be a matter of weeks before I start kicking ass in the art department again. Got a lot of catching up to do! Thanks for the entries, by the way. And what questions do you have about Des? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 03:49, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- Yep, basically what Siege said - the implication of it wasn't entirely clear, and we try to avoid having articles imply stuff that isn't clear or accurate. That's great news on the eye surgery! Sorry it took you so long to get it, but I hope the results will be worth it. --GreenReaper(talk) 21:25, 22 April 2006 (UTC)
Jim Just recently had a kidney transplant too.I dunno if anyone knows about it or not.I am a member of his fan site so I get regular updates on his health.Hes also talking about only releasing newer material on his website to prevent piracy -Sniffindahouse 05:23, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
Recently spoke with Hardiman and was told that up-to-date info about himself, health issues, and the whole "Desiree" deal will be brought forth when he gets his site back online. He stated he was growing tired of the behavior of certain people within the fandom, and said it would be best to set the record straight by posting IRL info about himself and the real "Desiree". He also said photos from 1990 were recently uploaded to his FA page (user name Skunkworks) showing the two of them together. I don't know if this will help complete the "Desiree=Jim Hardiman" article or not, but thought it was of possible interest and decided to post it here.
Will post links or infrmation when the Skunked.com website is operational. --Belltower 08:52, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
This article has the sort of simpering, lickspittle tone that gives Wikifur a negative reputation as a "fandom hugbox". It is clearly defensive of Hardiman and makes a blatant effort to defend him against criticism and to attack his critics. It could, at the least, be written slightly more neutrally and with some of the more obvious obsequiousness removed.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 08:53, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds to me like we got a hater here. ----Sniffindahouse 10:16, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- Well, when adding "The text that accompanied the images was openly insulting towards gays, emos, and fetishists outside of Hardiman's area of art", you just replaced one opinion with another. Who claimed that it was insulting, where? Even better, what did it say? We're not censored for minors; a brief quote may be appropriate so that readers can make their own minds up as to the level of insult. --GreenReaper(talk) 01:21, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- The article is not protected. If you feel the tone is inappropriate, you are welcome to edit it. --GreenReaper(talk) 19:50, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- There. I've transcribed Hardiman's homophobic ranting about tolerance being forced on him and fearmongering about gay rape. I'd like to claim some sort of payment (like punching him in the face), but I guess my suffering will just be for the sake of putting it there. I snagged the image from where he posted it and a few others here: http://fchan.us/artist/res/864.html "No malice intended" indeed. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 17:16, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- "There. I've transcribed Hardiman's homophobic ranting about tolerance being forced on him and fearmongering about gay rape. I'd like to claim some sort of payment (like punching him in the face), but I guess my suffering will just be for the sake of putting it there." A ban for intimidation and bodily threats will be more appropriated. Spirou 01:30, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- "You're tough when your opponent's on the internet," sez Anon =) "typical for a furry" but I thought you were a fellow furry trying to help, riiiiight - Spirou 21:39, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Desiree Lee controversy
I'm having mixed feelings on whether or not to revert the recent removal of the controversy section discussing the speculation that Desiree Lee may be an alter-ego of Jim Hardiman. On one paw, it's been lacking references for quite some time. On the other paw, the speculation has gotten around enough that it makes the article seem incomplete not to at least mention it. It goes without saying that in the absence of any compelling evidence one way or the other, Wikifur should not take sides on the issue. Also, this section as it was is probably longer than necessary and could probably be pared down to a sentence or two. Thoughts? Agreements or disagreements? --mwalimu 15:23, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- I was under the assumption that it was the goal of Wikifur to present information about the fandom in a factual manner. I happen to know from several conversations with Jim that Desiree Lee is in fact a real person ("Desiree" isn't even her real name) and that hes sick of all the slanderous lies people have been spreading about them. Its not really anyones business in the first place and I think he deserves more respect than what has been given toward him. --sniffindahouse 06:26, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- That would be a correct assumption. If rumors and speculation exist on a question such as whether Desiree Lee is an alter-ego of Jim Hardiman, we would want to make clear in any mention of them here that they are just that, rumors and speculation. It would be wrong of us to present any such rumors as facts without a solid basis for doing so, but that such rumors exist is a fact that may deserve mention here. As for whether they should be mentioned in this particular case, that's arguable either way, so to that question I'm going to step back for now and let others weigh in. --mwalimu 15:37, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
News about death
News is circulating on social media that Jim Hardiman has passed away on August 29. http://www.barnesfamilyfunerals.com/obituaries/view/304 I'd post but I'm not that good at the wiki thing on how to put this in his wiki page, so I'm posting it in discussion. --Toboe Wolfyote (talk) 14:59, 4 September 2014 (EDT)
Regarding my recent edit
I undid the latest addition to this article because there is no proof that Hardiman was "Bulletsoup". In fact the person who ran the "Bulletsoup" account on Inkbunny denied being Hardiman and they abandoned the account at least a year before Hardiman died. - User:Sniffindahouse
Friendly reminder that Sniff has spent literally an entire decade denying that Jim, Desiree Lee & Bulletsoup were one and the same. Friendly reminder that a talented artist (as Jim was) can easily fake different drawing styles (see the career of Keith Giffen). Friendly reminder that it's utterly implausible two artists of Lee and Soup's caliber would simply vanish from the net, and not say one word to mark the passing of someone they supposedly worked with for years. Friendly reminder that all that would be needed to prove me wrong and Sniff right would literally be just a single word of comment from the 'real' Lee or Soup. Friendly reminder that, 5 years after Jim's passing, no such comment exists or has ever been found. Friendly reminder that Jim Groat saying he once saw Lee, 25 years ago -- Jim freakin' Groat, for crying out loud! -- is about as unreliable a witness as can humanly exist.
Jim, Desiree Lee & Bulletsoup were one and the same, and it is to Wikifur's detriment that it continues to act like there's ambiguity about this. -- Oliver Coombes
After 9 years of obsessing over James Hardiman's personal life not one person who believes he was using aliases ever showed any evidence to back up such a claim. Literally the only thing that these people have cited as their so called evidence that Jim was sock puppeting is that Jim and Des Lee's artwork is "similar" which is completely false. I can draw an exact duplicate of one of Jim's pictures. Does that mean I am Jim Hardiman? Of course not. You come here and try to call out wikifur for not supporting your narrative yet you show NOTHING to back up your claim. What is wrong with you? You can't just state something as a fact and expect everyone to agree with your opinion. This is not how reality works! How come after all this time nothing has surfaced? Why haven't all the other artists who were associated with Jim over the years come out and told everyone "Yep. Its true - Jim was using aliases online."? Not one of them has done this. In fact the BulletSoup account on Inkbunny.net has been actively replying to selective comments in their shout box. This has to mean that the account is not owned by Jim as someone alive is using it. Duh. As for the Des Lee thing Cigarskunk has stated a couple times on inkbunny.net that she is a real person and that he met her at a convention. Hes the one who gave me the picture of her that is currently on her Wikifur page. Jim's mother Pauline corroborated this story to me in a private conversation with me on Facebook. She also told me that Jim was not using aliases online that "my son had no reason to hide who he was". Why would his mother lie for him? It makes no sense. She went to conventions with Jim and helped him sell his porn. Shes probably not the type to be ashamed of things like that. Jim is dead. Leave the man alone. I just don't get how so many people can be so ignorant to the truth. - User:Sniffeh