Just a little off
Hi, This is Theyain, and there are a few errors I would like to address with this article. I realize that me saying anything could create a conflict of intrests, but oh well.
Anywho, I am the Founder of the project, a current administrator, and the Head Project Manager.
A fellow administrator would be XcXEON who is also head of programming.
All works that were submitted in the contest for Furbuntu were put under Creative Commons as a requirement to enter said contest. The two works that won are First Place by DavidStrife and Second Place by Tusbasa-Mine.
The project is currently in hiatus due to problems that have occurred in both XCxeon's and my life. It is expected that we will return to working on it by mid October and that either just the Furbuntu Skin or a Alpha release of CreatureS will be out by then.
Theyain 03:10, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- Go ahead and make your edits. :-) --GreenReaper(talk) 09:04, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
Is Furbuntu CreatureS under a different name, a parallel project, or an inspire by project? - Spirou 01:29, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- ...Hmm, no answer. Will revert to prior version until the information gets sorted out - Spirou 01:43, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, we're trying to out his scheme here! :( —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- "<DoctorL> whats creatureS?
- <Theyain> Right now? vaporware as there is no development in software." —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs) .
- It seems that CreatureS doesn't exist asside from the webpage, at least as the developers seem to admit on IRC. We have multiple users with the same log.
- Sigh, trolls are fun. Yes, I said that, as there is no development in software, as none has been written. Right now we're in the early alpha phase of the development cycle. And to answer your question, Spirou, CreatureS is a fully stand-alone distro, while Furbuntu is .deb packages of the theme of CreatureS. This allows people to use the theme(s), with out the need of installing CreatureS with all of its features. Theyain 03:51, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, Theyain =) will reword the article the article to distinguish between build and skin. If it's not to much to ask, since you seem to be more familiar with Ubuntu, if you can do an once over at the article for wrong Linux verbiage, or anything else, thanks =) As for the controversy, it's inclusion is not forbidden, just needs some reference to back for it - Spirou 05:35, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Working on making the old version of the Furbuntu article wikified, while also adding new templates to WikiFur to be used in this article as well as CreatureS.Theyain 17:12, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks =) - Spirou 19:35, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
I would like to assume that the article is no longer a stub, am I correct? --Theyain 16:07, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- As an editor, it would seem like so to me, but I would leave it up to you to decide if it is so, since you are more knowledgeable about this subject/article - Spirou 17:07, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- In that case, Its no longer a stub.--Theyain 17:09, 4 May 2009 (UTC)