It seems pretty clear that Tim Frommeyer has a personal grievance here. The deviantART article is fairly widely linked, so it would be worth some effort to resolve this. --Sebkha(talk) 13:13, 26 Sep 2005 (UTC)
- You know, that edit has so little to do with furry, I went ahead and reverted back to GreenReaper's prior edit. If someone can note the furry content, we can move on from there. Carl Fox 13:31, 26 Sep 2005 (UTC)
I did a little bit of due diligence on Tim in the meantime. He's a german teen with promise as a Flash animator, but doesn't appear to produce any specifically furry works. It seems unlikely he'll be back to argue his side of the issue. --Sebkha(talk) 13:50, 26 Sep 2005 (UTC)
"Furry orientated sexuality" covers a _great_ deal more than zoophilia/bestiality. This sentence needs to be edited - is DA's policy particularly strict on _furry_ porn, as opposed to zoo material? The article should make it clear, either way. Tevildo 14:37, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
-- In one case, several reports of a picture of nude women seemingly using millipede-like creatures (which could be considered beastiality) went ignored, so there may be a bias there.
Can DeviantArt really be called "furry-friendly"? Anthro and anime art are not recognized as "top daily favourites", see here: Anime and Anthro: Bye Bye from DTF's That may indicate that the admins there see furries as a nuisance .... --Unci 13:39, 20 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Well that article was from the co-founder jark. Though there's this article that was made in august last year that was made by techgnotic When Being Human Just Is'nt enough basically talks about anthro art. though there's a lot of conflicting arguments to the side. --Tridragon 09:14, 14 May 2012 (EDT)
It's really not.
My answer? No. DeviantArt is not furry friendly. It is however anti-furry friendly as there's a lot of people on their site who openly admit to hating all furries, yes even children; and will go around harassing any furries on sight. The staff won't care even if death threats and the mention of suicide is involved. Ironically, their mascot Fella is a furry. DonutBandit (talk) 19:59, 29 March 2019 (EDT)
Deviant Art doesn't allow pornographic material? I always see that stuff there! Sage94 16:26, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- They do allow a certain amount of nudity. Whether it is considered pornographic is, of course, a matter of opinion. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:42, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- When things are removed from deviantART for violating acceptable submission policy, it is because the piece in question has been reported, an administrator has been able to review the image, and deem it unacceptable. Seeing as how there are thousands of uploads every day, I think that leaves the admins very busy. Equivamp - talk 17:06, 23 April 2013 (EDT)
- I'm pretty sure they mean graphic porn with visible penetration, touching, and actual sex. Not just nudity. DeviantArt stopped doing anything about explicit porn. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by DonutBandit (talk • contribs) .
“The user agreement form disallowing trolling is strictly enforced, which has had a inadvertently benefit for the furry community on deviantART greatly.” That obviously isn't true. Actually, DeviantART supports trolling, no... Cyberbullying. If someone draws hate-art of your OC or you being killed, they'll do nothing. If someone makes a false call out against you, they'll just tell you it's none of their concern and they're just misguided, even if it means reputation loss for you. As a matter of fact, when it comes to the "benefits" for the furry community, there is none. I've seen anti-furry posts and artwork of furries being killed that were given "case closed" immunity to further reports regarding problem content. --220.127.116.11 10:35, 20 December 2018 (EST) No Account
The Very End of DeviantART?
There something going on deviantart that the website is considered to be shut down and someone has contact the FBI to force dA the website to closed down permanently, we do not know if it true or not? The Truth has been spoken, we do not know if it true or false?. 15 years this website has held for over awhile becoming the most largest social art community site ever, now this has come to the end. Who will know what would happen?
This article seems to be full of a personal grievance, should this just be removed and linked to Wikipedia instead? it seems silly to have an article on anything other than the inclusion of furry as a top-level search feature (from what i understand). not to mention the insane amount of citation needed for this article.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:2:300:896:3071:4708:435f:4ee5 (talk • contribs) May 17, 2015