To 22.214.171.124: In your recent edits to this article you've added some names of wizards, helpstaff, and characters, which is great. You also (perhaps inadvertantly) removed several names, of a helpstaff member and of some characters. Difference between revisions Could you clarify why, please? -- Sine 00:33, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- I was Nemesis, a staffer and later wizard from 2002-2005 (close), and I had never seen Diablo's name under wizzes. He likely changed his name, but since I updated the wiz/staff lists to reflect the wizards/staff as of closing, I removed his name. Alyssa was also removed from staff prior to closing. I also deleted characters that were mine and had been @toaded or else characters that hadn't been around for years/had been in removed realms (like Sauda).
- Spaz Kitty 00:48, 26 February 2006 (UTC)!
- I'm of the belief that the more information the better, particularly for a place that's closed. I suggest a Former staff (or some such title) would be worth having, and keeping Alyssa's name under there. Perhaps something similar under characters: Characters as of 2005, and Past characters? I'm not familiar with Crossroads myself--I just dig through Google and things--so I wouldn't be able to sort them out, but if you have the knowledge, well! -- Sine 00:56, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- I have no records of all the former staffers available, as I've gotten a new computer since the MUCK was last active, so all my logs are gone, and the former head wiz hasn't been in contact for several months. And listing all the characters we've had would result in a crazy-long list, heh. Spaz Kitty 01:14, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
WikiFur: Connecting Old RP Partners
I've had several old Crossroads players show up at Meadows' doorstep...the reason? They found WikiFur by searching for Crossroads MUCK, then found Meadows MUCK while rooting around for a similarly-themed wildlife MUCK. WikiFur is certainly working, at least with the multiplayer world aspect. ;) Spaz Kitty 19:40, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
Does anyone have a reference for the date posted here? I remember examining room #0 on the MUCK before it was shut down, and I thought it was created earlier, like 1998 or 1999. 126.96.36.199 01:53, 13 January 2007 (UTC) (Spaz Kitty unlogged in)
I assume http://wora.netlosers.com/wiki/index.php?n=Games.CrossroadsMUCK is about another, earlier MUCK with the same name. Time for a disambiguation? -- Sine 02:00, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- Sure - I've seen the FurryMUCK project use capitalized, too (CrossRoads MUCK). Maybe not a full disambig, though, since I don't believe it was a very populated place (only around for 1-2 years, and not a lot of info to be found on it). Spaz Kitty 02:23, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
Players going elsewhere
The article currently states "Since its closing, several of its regular players found their way to Meadows MUCK, as it has a wildlife theme similar in species types to Crossroads' Alaskan realm." I don't think this is notable; people roleplay on all sorts of places. I think it is notable if characters or IC groups are continued on other worlds, but just players not so much. Thoughts? -- Sine 02:02, 25 May 2007 (UTC)
- It's a fairly large amount (relative to other MUCKs), and several players have mentioned looking for a North American-esque theme since Crossroads' closing, but I can see the argument otherwise. Spaz Kitty 02:23, 25 May 2007 (UTC)