From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Request for removal
Shawn and Dave have contacted me requesting that this article be removed, on the grounds that CAAT Studios was "a professional animation studio" and "never part of fandom or furry history".
David has also requested that the image of B. C. Tigress be removed, asserting that it is under his copyright and that while the company is defunct, he wishes to retain the property for future development and does not wish to "market" it before it is complete.
What are your thoughts regarding these two requests? --GreenReaper(talk) 14:15, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
- I can't see a justificaton for keeping the image. The article, however, I lean towards keeping. Said by Dave in 2004: "Althouigh our focus is on a general audience, a number of our projects include animal characters and should be of interest to the fandom." http://www.flayrah.com/1935/new-animation-studio-fur-friendly
- and, a more minor addition, someone felt CAAT Studios would be an appropriate place to have a "show booth" at Anthrocon (2009 post) http://www.anthrocon.org/node/4344/expo
- -- Sine 14:48, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
- My thought with the image was that it was a public mascot/spokes-tigress of the corporation, and thus should be treated in the way that we treat a logo or site mascot - but it could be treated more of as a personal character, which we do tend to remove on request. --GreenReaper(talk) 14:56, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
- I say to keep the article, but remove the image. But that's just my thoughts. --Equivamp 15:50, 6 May 2011 (EDT)
- As this seems to be the general feeling, I have removed the image. --GreenReaper(talk) 11:44, 10 May 2011 (EDT)