From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
I have never seen Anime with an accented e. Anyone got any sources? -- MelSkunk 22:43, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I've always seen it spelled animé. I belive it comes from the French passive participle for 'animated', but I don't know for sure. The é notes that the e is sounded out; otherwise, with English orthography being what it is, 'anime' would be pronounced /a nym/.
- Additionally, as to sources? Google has 12.7 million. Almafeta 23:03, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I've seen other words with an accented e. While I don't mind seeing them, when it comes to typing those words, I'd rather just use a regular e even if it is incorrect. --Markus 23:23, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I ment sources as to the use of the accented e (the first 100 hits on google show no accent). I am going to move this to Anime unless otherwise shown it's a predominent spelling. But as an anime fan of 15 years, this has got to be one of the only, if not THE only, time I've seen this spelling. -- MelSkunk 23:27, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- *shrug* Go ahead. Ah, well. Almafeta 23:30, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)