|This article does not provide enough context. Please if you are familiar with the subject. Articles without enough context to be cleaned up or expanded may be deleted.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
A squirrel is a small omnivorous rodent, and are members of the family Sciuridae, a family that includes small or medium-size rodents. The squirrel family includes tree squirrels, ground squirrels, chipmunks, marmots (including groundhogs), flying squirrels, and prairie dogs amongst other rodents. Squirrels are indigenous to the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa, and were introduced by humans to Australia.
For many people, the type of squirrel that first comes to mind is a tree squirrel. Affectionately called "tree rats" by some in the furry fandom for their arboreal lifestyle, its most distinctive feature is its long, bushy tail.
Squirrels in mainstream media
- Conker the Squirrel (Conker's Bad Fur Day)
- Ray the Flying Squirrel (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Secret Squirrel (Secret Squirrel)
- Penny (Super Secret Secret Squirrel)
- Scaredy Squirrel (Scaredy Squirrel)
- Twiss (Armello)
- Sidney Squirrel (Silent sillies)
Squirrels and furry
- Stories with "Squirrel" species keyword at Mia's Index of Anthro' Stories
- Giant squirrels in India's Western Ghats
|This article about an Internet topic is stub - can you it?|
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Fursuit. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|