Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics)
|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Sonic the Hedgehog is a comic book series by Archie based on Sonic the Hedgehog video games by SEGA. It was published every 4 weeks, twice in Feburary. It was based on the Saturday morning cartoon that aired September 18, 1993 to June 3, 1995 on ABC in it's original run.
The comic ran for 294 issues from July 1993 to February 2017. The Sonic the Hedgehog comic license was given to IDW Publishing, who began publishing Sonic comics in August 2018 and still make them to this day.
- An seventeen-year-old hedgehog with the ability to run faster than the speed of sound! He debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog "Issue #¼", the very first issue.
- Shadow is Sonic's doppelgänger and uses his Air Shoes to reach similar speeds to Sonic. He considers himself the ultimate lifeform. First appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #98.
Dulcy the Dragon
- The only dragon member of the Freedom Fighters who first appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #29. She was banished from her home, because she disobeyed orders not to leave Vesuvio. Her Black Singe Ring was removed from her nose and replaced with a gold ring which prevented her from breathing fire.
- She's a squirrel princess around the same age of Sonic. She debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #¼.
- He's an English/French coyote with a strong accent. He debuted in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #¼. That issue was the very first appearance of the character, even predating his appearance in the TV show.
- A young pink hedgehog who's obsessed with getting together with Sonic. First appearance was in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #25.
Knuckles the Echidna
- Guardian of the Master Emerald. Maintains a friendly rivalry with Sonic. He appeared first in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #13.
Rouge the Bat
- Professional jewel thief, she joined up with Shadow and Dr. Eggman after a failed attempt to steal the Master Emerald. First appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #98.
- The robotic ruler of half of Mobius, Dr. Eggman (a.k.a. Dr. Robotnik) is Sonic's arch-nemesis. He first appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #¼.
The home of the Freedom Fighters. Dr. Robotnik has always tried to destroy this settlement to prevent the Freedom Fighters from coming back to stop him. It was eventually destroyed in Sonic the Hedgehog Issue #175, leaving an empty wasteland called "the Great Wastes".
Robotropolis, formerly Mobotropolis, was a city owned by Dr. Eggman. It was originally a city for the different species of Mobius, until Dr. Robotnik took over, renamed the city "Robotropolis" and converted most of the buildings to factories to aid his empire.
|This stub about a comic could be .|