Shawn Keller (fursona: Cheshire Cat, previously Uncle Buck) is a freelance animator and illustrator from the USA. He was one of the first members of the fandom to build a cartoon-styled fursuit, being a contributor to the fursuit FAQ, and was a member of Rowrbrazzle.
Keller is known for the creation of numerous Flash animations making light the furry fandom. These were showcased on his website, FurryFans.com (now offline). Several criticized aspects of the fandom were vorarephilia, babyfurs, and furry convention attendees in general. Keller claimed that his site was:
|Intended for us all to have a good chuckle, and not intended to make fun of anyone," and to "get across the feel of the bawdy humor of the old Benny Hill show.|
Horrifying Look at the Furries
He also produced the notorious comic book Horrifying Look at the Furries in 2001.
Keller was for a short time a member of the Crush Yiff Destroy forum, but reacted strongly to a review of Down Load, his latest animation short for "FurryFans", which he had recently plugged on the forum. Keller has stated that he would not be using CYD's forum to plug future additions to his site. Keller has included a jab at CYD in his site's new intro animation (a furry wearing a "CYD" t-shirt is introduced as "fat filthy fan pinching a loaf").
On September 2010, Shawn Keller held a showcase of his works at the Laguna College of Art + Design, entitled Moving violations: Subversive Animation art.
- Disney Animation
- 1985 - The Black Cauldron
- 1986 - The Great Mouse Detective
- 1988 - Oliver & Company
- 1989 - The Little Mermaid (designed and animated Triton's Daughters sequence; animator for "Flotsam and Jetsam")
- 1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Quasimodo)
- 1998 - Mulan (Little Brother)
- 1999 - Tarzan (Terk; character designs for Sabor that were never used)
- 2001 - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (lead animator for Cookie and Preston)
- 2002 - Treasure Planet (Jim Hawkins)
- 2004 - Home on the Range (lead animator for Lucky Jack)
- Sullivan-Bluth Studios
- Warner Bros. Feature Animation
In 2005, Keller joined CAAT Studios as lead animator.
- Shawnkeller.com - Shawn Keller's official website (offline)
- Margarita Paranormal - Shawn Keller on YouTube
- Shawn Keller on IMDb
- New University article on Shawn Keller 's Moving violations: Subversive Animation art
- Laguna College of Art and Design's Ettinger Gallery article on Shawn Keller's 's Moving violations: Subversive Animation art showcase
|This stub about a person could be .|