From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
|Festival of the Feral (2003)|
|Oklacon guests of honor|
- Theme: !
- Guests of Honor: 2, DBruin, and Windpaw Coyote
- Attendance: 117
- Amount Raised for Charity: $1650
- President/Chairman: Horses' Ghost
- Vice President: Warnndog
- Secretary: Tomokato Cat
- Treasurer: Baral'heia Stormdancer
- Auctions: Aurick Wolf
- Conbook, DJ, Webmaster: Togo the sled dog
- Events Coordinator: Equus
- Gopher Wrangler: Zeek Hedgehog
- Network Director: Aqua Vixen
- Registration Coordinator: Wolff
- Security: RedFox
- Sergeant at Arms: Darkmoor
- Tear-down Coordinator: Frostpaw
- Public Relations: Tyger Cowboy
- Web Satellite: Sylys Sable
- Web Scripting: Zephyr Panthur
- Feral!'s organizers, under threat of legal action, asked the convention to cease operations under the title of Festival of the Feral, fearing that the name would dilute Feral!'s trademark, and that convention-goers might mistakenly believe the Oklahoma event was "That Feral thing I've heard about." Among the then-current members, the demand was considered laughable; however, a lack of available funds meant that a legal battle was not an option. As a result, in 2004, the Oklahoma Association of Anthropomorphic Arts reverted the name of the convention back to its original working title, "Oklacon".
- The year's theme, !, was originally suggested as a bold statement of "Bigger and Better." Although not intended as such, the theme has also come to represent the sudden and rather humorous lack of a proper name for the fledgling convention.
- This was the first con to be organized and bankrolled by the OAAA.
- Photos, videos, reports: Oklacon 2004 resources
- Oklacon 2004 official website on The Wayback Machine , Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- Historical Numbers on the Oklacon website. Archive on archive.org. Dated October 17, 2010. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Staff listing from official Oklacon 2004 website (archived and rehosted) , Retrieved November 23, 2010