Midwest FurFest 2020
Cancellation of physical event
The in-person convention event was canceled due to the worldwide advent of the Coronavirus disease 2019, most commonly known as COVID-19, or just COVID, an infectious disease caused by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
After the cancellation, Midwest Furry Fandom, Inc. decided to welcome the participants to attend the December 3-5, 2021's Midwest FurFest 2021. It was decided to host an online convention in 2020 and move the MFF 2020's theme and GoHs to the 2021 event.
MFF hosted a virtual convention from December 18-20, 2020, with live and pre-recorded events streamed via YouTube Live. Programming included panels, interviews with the Guests of Honor, a variety show, DJ streams, and online dance competition. A virtual Dealer's Den was hosted on the MFF website. Participation was free of charge and attendance was not recorded.
- Midwest Furfest and the Pandemic post on the Fursfest website. Retrieved January 20, 2023.
- After months of exploring options and following the guidance of the Illinois Department of Public Health, Midwest FurFest 2020 is officially cancelled post on Twitter. Retrieved January 20, 2023.
- Rolling updates on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) post on the World Health Organization's website. Retrieved ?.
- MFF Twitter, posted October 28, 2020.
- Weekend Livestream Schedule, archived May 1, 2021. Accessed January 23, 2023.
- Online Dealers Den, archived December 18, 2020. Accessed January 23, 2023.
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|