Mephit Fur Meet X
|Mephit Furmeet staff|
|Mephit Furmeet guests of honor|
Mephit Fur Meet X, also known as MFMX or Mephit Furmeet 10, was held from September 1 to 3, 2006, at the Holiday Inn Select at Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee. It was the tenth annual Mephit Fur Meet.
Not counting the convention staff, 630 furs attended, which required the delivery of over 200 pizzas. In addition to attending membership registration, there were Sponsor, SuperSponsor, and Decade Level Sponsorships. The Decade Level perks included the SuperSponsor privileges and a jacket with artwork by Ursula Husted.
Guest of Honor
Annual T-shirt design contest
Evol was the winner of the popular vote for the T-shirt front design.
The winner of the staff T-shirt design was J3T.
- Joseph Wilson (also known as "Canis Claxis", "Lhurtwolf", "Xlac" and "Furries_Ha!") was reportedly banned from future Mephit Furmeets after accosting female furry artist Dustmeat on the hotel's parking lot. The incident was considered serious enough to contact convention security and file a report with the local police. Wilson could not be located afterwards, and no arrest was made.
- A group of church protesters began a small rally against MFM on Sunday afternoon in front of the hotel during the Furry Masquerade. They were quickly chased off by the Memphis police.
- I'm reeeeeaaaaaly sleepy! September 6, 2006 LiveJournal post by Tyger Cowboy. Retrieved August 31, 2007.
- Warning to Artists who drew Canis Claxis. September 5, 2006 post by Dustmeat to the Artists Beware LiveJournal community. Retrieved August 31, 2007.
- Holiday Inn Select at Memphis International Airport
- Photos, videos, reports: Mephit Furmeet X (2006) resources