Macro (a Greek prefix meaning "large" or "long"), also known as a macrofurry, and (less commonly) as a furry giant, is a furspeak term used to describe any furry character who is much larger in size than a normal being.
Commonly, macros start around anything above 50 feet (15 meters), which means anything from a character larger than a normal human (8-9 feet = 2.44 to 2.74 meters tall), to titans that dwarf cities, with the most common type of locomotion being either bipedal, quadrupedal (quads or taurs), or pentapedal. Intelligence-wise, macros can be either feral or anthro (sentient).
Macros occur by various means: Growth methods via pills or a ray of some description (alien abductions normally, or mad doctors), or excessive food consumption (Doug Winger), birthed as a macro-creature to begin with (e.g. dragons-like beings), mutations (a la Hulk Bunny [Earth-8311's Spider-Ham universe]), and/or magic, among others.
Macros are the opposite of micros, which are furry characters that are smaller than the normal size.
Originally, one of the best-known older sites dedicated to macro furs was Macrophile.com, while other sites included Temdant's Macro Furry and Animal in Media Page, a website of macro transformations in the media, and The Giants' Club, an archive of macro stories.
Noted furry artists and story writers include people such as Kenneth Sample, Lisa Jennings, Wolfkidd, Rogue, Kolt, Gideon, Brahma, Timbawulf, Doug Winger (until his passing), SusanDeer, Bennie, Jolly Jack, Chaswari, Ducky, Astor, Viggen, Temdant, and many others.
- OffScale.org official website
- Astor & Viggen official website
- Lava Dome Five official website
- Bigfurs.com - Big Furs' official website
- Not Big and Not Clever official website
- Bennie's Page - Bennie's official website
- Gideon's Corral - Gideon's official website
- Introducing: Rogue - Rogue's official website
- Kromat Continum - Lisa Jennings' official website
- Doug's Big Little Page of Macro Stuff official website
|This stub about a term could be .|