LockJaw Arts murder
- Tonya R. Dillard - An artist and fursuit maker known in the furry fandom by several names, including Vincent, Vex, Volty, LockJaw, and BlackCraftWitch.
- Jacob T. Berkovitz - A furry fan known in the fandom as Jax or Luna.
Hector Mendez-Hernandez responded to the ad and picked up Dillard and Berkovitz on March 27. He then took them to his residence and once inside the home, Hector was robbed and then shot about 4 times, at least twice in the head, stabbed at least 25 times in the upper torso and beaten with a dumbbell by Berkovitz until his death in the bathroom. At this time, Dillard was injured by the gunfire on her hand.
A friend, Paige Ferguson, claimed Dillard contacted her and revealed that she and Berkovitz had killed and skinned a dog. When the friend called out Dillard’s disturbing behavior, Dillard allegedly responded:
|If you think that is strange, I am sitting next to a dead body.|
Dillard then told her that they had committed the murder and sent a picture of the body, indicating that they were planning to hide the body in California. The friend contacted the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, who investigated. Dillard and Berkowitz were seen leaving the house when authorities arrived at the scene and were taken into custody.
- "LockJawArts is run by @Blackcraftwitch and their partner Jax/Luna" - profile on the LockJaw Arts page on Twitter. Retrieved March 30 2020.
- Name: Vincent/Vex/Volty/LockJaw post on Twitter. Dated May 29 2019, Retrieved March 29 2020.
- Couple uses Craigslist sex ad to lure victim, shoots & fatally bludgeons him with dumbbells: Report article on Crimeonline.com. Retrieved Aril 6, 2020.
- "Vegas PD: Man robbed, killed by couple after responding to dating ad" article on ktnv.com. Dated March 28, 2020. Retrieved March 30, 2020.
- "2 arrested, man found shot to death in northeast valley home" article on Review Journal. Dated March 28, 2020. Retrieved March 30, 2020.
- Police report: Couple lured murder victim, wanted to escape to the woods article on ktnv.com. Retrieved April 6, 2020.
- "Tip leads to investigation, arrest of murder suspects" article on News Now. Dated March 28, 2020. Retrieved March 30, 2020.