|This article reads like an advertisement. Please clean it up to make it neutral in tone.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for help.
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
LiveJournal is a simple-to-use, yet very customizable and powerful personal blogging tool made using open-source software of the same name. It encompasses millions of users and offer a free sign-up option for basic journal features.
LiveJournal started as a hobby project as a way of keeping high school friends updated on activities, but when it hit a popularity boom the developers didn't expect, it turned into a business (though the administrators didn't want to call it one), and users were given the option of paying subscription fees for extra customizability and features which went into server maintenance, bandwidth costs, and accommodating the growing user base (many of them furries).
In 2007, LiveJournal was obtained by Russian company SUP Media, and in 2017 its Terms of Service were updated to require that all user-uploaded content comply with Russian law, including the "propaganda bans" intended to prevent minors from accessing information on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender-related topics.
Livejournal and furry
- Main article: list of furry LiveJournal communities
- "Six Apart Sells LiveJournal to Russia's SUP" - article for eWeek written by Clint Boulton. Dated December 3, 2007, retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "LiveJournal’s Russian Owners Update Terms Of Service, Jeopardizing LGBT Content" - article for NewNowNext written by Dan Avery. Dated April 9, 2017. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- LiveJournal official website
- Frank the Goat on LiveJournal
- Ljfind.com - LiveJournal's search engine
- Ljseek.com - third party LiveJournal search engine
|This article about a community or a social group is a stub - can you it?|
|Web-based social networking sites|