LeedsFurs is a community of furs based in the West Yorkshire metropolitan area. They run a regular monthly meet which takes place on the third Saturday of every month at The Lazy Lounge in Leeds, as well as a monthly coffee meet on the first Tuesday of the month at Geek Retreat.
The events gather at Leeds train station from 11:30-11:45 on meet days, before walking to the meet venue at 11:45. They usually feature drinking, playing pool and socialising, with a weather-permitting fursuit walk taking place around the city centre. The venue provides for a dedicated and discrete fursuit-changing room along with a place to safely store suitcases and other luggage.
The Events Crew
- Tonks - Meet Lead
- Lynden - Meet Crew
- Ares - Meet Crew
- Azzie - Meet Crew
- Stray Jim - Meet Crew
- Ell - Meet Crew
The Safety and Welfare Crew
- Bazil Cat - Welfare Lead / Emergency Care Assistant
- Arcais - Welfare Crew / First-Aider / Mental Health
- Kirin - Welfare Crew
- Caleb - Welfare Crew / SIA
The Community Crew
- Xantin - Community Lead
- SouthPaw - Community Crew
- Hawthorn - Community Crew
- FluffyFlower - Community Crew
The Support Crew
The first LeedsFurs meet took place on 28th April 2001 as part of the NorthernFurs meet rotation, with a very small group of fewer than 10 people gathering together for the first meet up in the city. Historically, the LeedsFurs meets continued to be held once every six months for over a decade, with numbers steadily increasing over time.
Regular monthly furry meets started on the third weekend of the month on 16 June 2012 after a number of successful mid-week 'pubbages' proved there was an interest in a more regular gathering within Leeds.
Over the years the meets have had several people involved with their running. Since October 2007, LeedsFurs has been run by Wolfie and Lupestripe, with additional people being brought in to form the first committee in May 2017. The meets were resident at Bar Soba between July 2017 and February 2018, before moving to The Old Red Bus Station which they remained at until July 2022, then moving on to Foleys Tap House near Millennium Square.
However, due to Foleys Tap House closing with immediate effect, LeedsFurs have now settled on the Lazy Lounge as their new venue, combined with the Leeds Postal Service next door.
- First LeedsFurs Meet – 28th April 2001
- First Monthly Meet – 16th June 2012
- Furry Shots – 27th April 2013
- Army Day – 21st September 2013
- City Beach – 16th August 2014
- Christmas Market – 20th December 2014
- Jump Arena – 17th September 2016
- Ice Cube – 18th February 2017
- Pool With Furries – 20th May 2017
- First meet at Bar Soba – 15th July 2017
- 100th LeedsFurs – 20th January 2018
- Moving to The Old Red Bus Station – 17th March 2018
- Recording our First 100+ Attendance – 21th April 2018
- Covid Comeback – first meet since February 2020, bringing over 150+ attendees and 90 fursuits - 16th October 2021
- Moving to Foley's Tap House – 20th August 2022
- Moving to Lazy Lounge – 4th July 2023