LeedsFurs is a community of furs based in the West Yorkshire metropolitan area. They run a regular monthly meet which takes place on the third Saturday of every month at The Old Red Bus Station in Leeds, as well as a monthly coffee meet on the first Tuesday of the month at Layne's Espresso.
The events gather at Leeds train station from 11.30am on meet days, before walking to the meet venue at 12pm. They usually feature drinking, eating and socialising, with a weather-permitting fursuit walk taking place around the city centre. The venue provides for a dedicated and discrete fursuit-changing room along with a place to safely store suitcases and other luggage.
The first Leeds Meet took place on 28th April 2001 as part of the NorthernFurs meet rotation, with a very small group of fewer than 10 people gathering together for the first meetup in the city. Historically, the Leeds Meets continued to be held once every six months for over a decade, with numbers steadily increasing over time.
Regular monthly furry meets started on the third weekend of the month on 16 June 2012 after a number of successful mid-week 'pubbages' proved there was an interest in a more regular gathering within Leeds.
Over the years the meets have had several people involved with their running. Since October 2007, Leeds Meets have been run by Wolfie and Lupestripe, with additional people being brought in to form the first committee in May 2017. The meets were resident at Bar Soba between July 2017 and February 2018, before moving to The Old Red Bus Station.
- First Leeds Meet – 28th April 2001
- First Monthly Meet – 16th June 2012
- Furry Shots – 27th April 2013
- Army Day – 21st September 2013
- City Beach – 16th August 2014
- Christmas Market – 20th December 2014
- Jump Arena – 17th September 2016
- Ice Cube – 18th February 2017
- Pool With Furries – 20th May 2017
- First meet at Bar Soba - 15th July 2017
- 100th Leeds Meet - 20th January 2018
- Moving to The Old Red Bus Station – 17 March 2018
- Recording our First 100+ Attendance – 21 April 2018