Japan Meeting of Furries
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the edit history and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Japan Meeting of Furries|
|First iteration||January 12-14, 2013 (in Hikone, Shiga)|
|Organizer(s)||Executive Committee of JMoF.|
|Charity||Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: Japan Meeting of Furries resources|
The Japan Meeting of Furries (JMoF) is a furry convention which is held annually in Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan.
JMoF was founded in 2012, with the aim of establishing the first furry convention at a hotel in Japan. The con's programming includes workshops and seminars in acting, costume-building, art, and more.
Since 2020, JMoF also hosts an online convention running parallel to the physical con, in VRChat and Neos VR. Panels and main stage events are livestreamed into the virtual worlds, and the virtual and physical attendees can interact with each other during special panels.
Guests of Honor
- 2014 - Yuko Asami
- 2015 - Akira Himekawa
- 2017 - Hiroshi Matsuyama
- 2018 - Latin Vixen
- 2019 - Camellia ()
- 2020 - Uncle Kage
- 2023 - Horimon (ほりもん)
- 2014: 東海道五十三次 ("The Fifty-three Stations of the Tōkaidō")
- 2015: Once upon a time in the West /夕陽のガンマン (The Gunman on Sunset, the Japanese title of For a Few Dollars More)
- 2016: The Extra-Furrestrial / 未知との遭遇 (Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
- 2017: Dial M for Murder / 豊橋サスペンス劇場 (Toyohashi Suspense Theater, a parody of "火曜サスペンス劇場")
- 2018: ARMAGEDDON / JMoF以外全部沈没 (Everything Other than JMoF Sinks, a parody of "日本以外全部沈没")
- 2019: The Dogfather.
- 2020: Energy Drink BITERS—Good Fur Con Tastes BITTER
- 2022: The Seven Samurai / 七匹の侍 (七人の侍, the numeral is changed from human counts to animal counts)
- 2023: Back to the JMoF
- 2024: Ghostbusters
- 2015 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 262,950 JPY
- 2016 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 418,600 JPY
- 2017 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 732,050 JPY
- 2018 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 1,025,050 JPY
- 2019 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 1,571,700 JPY
- 2020 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 1,383,400 JPY
- 2022 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 1,928,716 JPY
- 2023 - Toyohashi Zoo Botanical Park - 2,206,750 JPY
|Convention year||Attendance||Percentage change|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2013||100||-|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2014||232||132%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2015||408||75.86%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2016||588||44.12%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2017||845||43.71%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2018||998||18.11%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2019||1332||33.47%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2020||1372||3%|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2022|
|Japan Meeting of Furries 2023||1423||3.71%|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Japan Meeting of Furries website. Retrieved June 25, 2014.
- Japan Meeting of Furries official website
- VR Japan Meeting of Furries official website
- Japan Meeting of Furries on Twitter
- Japan Meeting of Furries on Facebook
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you improve it?|