Gene Catlow (comic)
|Author(s)||Albert Temple and Tawana Gilroy|
|Launch date||July 17th, 2000|
Gene Catlow is a furry comic strip by Albert Temple and Tawana Gilroy. The main characters in the strip are their fursonas, Gene Catlow and Catswhisker. Thus named after the star character, Mr. Catlow is not your average black cat in a day in the life, in the metropolis of Furriston. Still he's not alone with his friends of fellow characters.
The plot takes place in a fictional universe where not only humans are intelligent, but also furries and a species referred to as animen. Also as the plot moves along, many forms of technology gain 'self-awareness'. In that universe, humans used to be the dominant species, having furries as their pets (or slaves). However, in an economic revolution, furries achieved autonomy and their own economically and politically-stable country.
The comic runs in that scenario, reconstructing these events and dealing with some of the "loose ends" of that situation. Subjects like prejudice, racism, tolerance, power and forgiving are dealt with. Later on, animen are introduced as major characters of the plot, bringing further explanation of the plot's past and present.
(in order of first appearance)
- Gene Catlow, a black-haired furry.
First appearance: page 1.
- Cotton Taylor, a white-haired rabbit.
First appearance: page 2.
- Roger Tuska, a rhino and Gene's manager.
First appearance: page 4.
- Albert Temple. "Gene Catlow - Monday, July 17, 2000". July 17, 2000. Archived from the original on March 24, 2017. Retrieved on April 1, 2017.
- Albert Temple. "Gene Catlow - Wednesday, July 19, 2000". July 19, 2000. Archived from the original on March 24, 2017. Retrieved on April 1, 2017.
- Albert Temple. "Gene Catlow - Monday, July 24, 2000". July 24, 2000. Archived from the original on March 24, 2017. Retrieved on April 1, 2017.
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Gene Catlow, but has since been deleted or merged. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|