Further Confusion 1999
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Further Confusion 1999 was a furry convention, the first annual Further Confusion. It was held from January 14 to 17, 1999 at the Westin Santa Clara Hotel (now Hyatt Regency Santa Clara)
- Theme: Paws Across the Bay
- Guests of Honor: Ed Kline, Ken Mitchroney and Michael H. Payne
- Attendance: 691
Some of the executive staff for Further Confusion 1999 were:
- Brent "Chip_Unicorn" Edwards - Chairman
- Peter "WhiteFire" Torkelson - Vice Chairman
- Leon "Mitra" Horne - Operations Manager
The charity auction benefited Coyote Point Museum and Therapy Pets.
In a letter from the chairman, printed in the conbook for Further Confusion 2000, Peter "WhiteFire" Torkelson wrote:
- "We are proud of the success of our first convention. We were able to donate $3500 to charities, return money to our parent non-profit organization AAE to sponsor other charity events, and keep the convention in the black. There were 692 people present at the convention, a much wider attendance than we had originally estimated."
Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc. received $45500 in revenue, of which $27390 was from admissions and $18110 was from donations.
Source: Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc. form 990 (2002-3), p9 (description) from Foundation Center
- ↑ Anthropomorphic Fandom Convention Information Sheet
- ↑ Further Confusion Program Book. Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, 2000.
- Photos, videos, reports: Further Confusion 1999 resources
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you improve it?|