Frysco (also known as Kootenay) is a fursuiter who lives in Toronto, Ontario. Originally from England, he moved to California in July 1997, to British Columbia in October 2003, and then to Ontario in January 2018.
Frysco hosts several furry sites under critter.net, which also used to host many convention photographs (before people tended to prefer places like Flickr). He also hosted Flayrah, which he led from mid-2006 to 2009.
Frysco is a gryfsune - a hybrid of kitsune and gryphon. Originally resembling a grey fox, Frysco was created as a character for the Sinai MUCK. When Frysco was about to gain his sixth kitsune tail, he became aware of his gryphon ancestry (on his father's side) and instead became part gryphon, sprouting bright Rainbow lorikeet feathers.
Frysco's player also has two other characters he regularly brings to life: Kootenay (a Steller's Jay), and Athra (a Khajiit).
Frysco has a number of fursuits, including:
- Athra Sohlstavir, a Khajiit, built by MagpieBones
- Cackle, a Northern Mockingbird, which he built himself.
- Drogon, a Dragon/wyvern, built by Temperance, Silver Huskywolf and Wolfish.
- Kanshin, a gryphon, purchased from Marylen Costumes.
- Kootenay, a Steller's Jay, built by Crafty Coyo Costumes.
- Lasrach, a hippogryph. The body of Lasrach was built by Frysco with some help from ScribbleFox and WhiteyFawks, while the head was commissioned from Jax the Purple Bat.
- Loot, a teal coloured deer, built by Temperance.
- Lutalo, an African Wild Dog, commissioned from LX Limited.
- Morse, a European Magpie, made by himself.
- Napier, a hyena, purchased from LX Limited.
- Nikoli, a snowleopard, whose head was made by One Fur All Studios, with the rest made by Frysco and final airbrushing by OneFurAll.
- Penryn, a European Magpie, made by BNCreation.
- Phijardni, a chimera, made by Clockwork Creature.
- Qesnel, a Jedi gryphon, made by MagpieBones
- Quinault, a Red-tailed hawk made by Temperance
- Rupelli, a fox, made by Frysco.
- Tatonga, a pronghorn, made by One Fur All Studios.
- Tiwaz, a tiger, who was mostly made by Frysco with stripes air-brushed by WhiteyFawks.
- Tseatah, a 'critter', based on a hyena-like hybrid with saberteeth and horns, who is also the mascot of critter.net. Tseatah mk.I was commissioned from Arend Studios, Tseatah mk.II was made by One Fur All Studios (but has since been stolen and lost), and Tseatah mk.III was made by Eddie-Ka
Frysco has been on the staff for Howloween, Further Confusion (for which he was convention chairman in 2009), Everfree Northwest, BronyCAN, and currently is the business director for Furnal_Equinox, having started in that position for the 2019 event.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Frysco's homepage.
- Frysco on LiveJournal
- Tseatah on Twitter (furry account)
- Frysco on Twitter (non-furry account)
- ↑ Costume gallery on his personal webpages. Retrieved January 14, 2019