Free Fur All
|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Free Fur All|
|First iteration||July 29-31, 2022|
|Organizer(s)||Anthro West Open Organization Inc. (AWOO)|
Free Fur All 2022
Free Fur All 2023
During the closing ceremony of 2022's event, a follow-up event for the next year was announced featuring Jasonafex and Kabier as guests of honor along with the slogan Be My Wingman. 2022 attendees were also given the opportunity to receive a bonus "veteran" badge for registering within 24 hours of the announcement.
In August/September 2021, fandom and non-fur fur-friendly users[who?] expressed, personally or "in the name of the furry fandom", their unhappy comments with AWOO's Free Fur All convention perceived ties with the mainstream Alternative right (Alt-right), including fur and non-fur conservative and/or libertarian people[who?] that are behind and/or helping the convention itself, and its announced guest of honor (2, The Ranting Gryphon), all of whom have been accused of ties to the alt-right.
Users have accused these people and groups (such as the Furry Raiders) of being racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobes, zoophile supporters, QAnons, Nazis, and being hateful in general in the past, and that they should not be able to host any type of furry meet or con because of such beliefs, using various ways to stop them, such as, for example, forcing the initial hosting hotel, the Tulsa Marriott Southern Hills, to cancel their contract, or, according to some, some other disingenuous means such as making bomb and mass shooting threats to the event, or track and doxx personnel involved with AWOO, Free Fur All, or friend and sympathizers.
|Any one else notice the Free Fur All is taking place in Tulsa and ends 2 days before the anniversary of the Tulsa Massacre?(.) Not just me right?|
The Free Fur All's promo video thumbnail design:
|the subtle aesthetic details in this flyer. the police badge-shaped logo. the fashy monochrome-flag backdrop, referencing the bluestripe police flag. the constant red white and blue. my god, it even echoes trump's "lion" logo|
The AWOO's logo itself...:
|Awoo Association's logo may be inspired by The Grey Wolves, a violent white supremacist organization...|
or the charity the con supports, Safari's Sanctuary:
|Safari's Sanctuary has faced multiple accusations of animal abuse with the USDA previously revoking its license to operate. A man was also killed after a lion-tiger hybrid mauled him to death at the facility|
The ongoing back and forth battle between both groups on social media continues as of September 2021.
Loss of the initial hosting venue
By September 15, 2021, AWOO posted that the initial venue, was no longer available,  blaming the "intolerant dark side of the anthro fandom's" threat of "civil unrest" for its loss.
Members on the opposing side blamed AWOO's woes and loss of venue on itself, particularly on the acts of some of its staff members[who?] threatening, while on social media, users with acts of violence, all the way up to include the threat of outright murder, which were saved via screenshots on various web sites.
AWOO responded to the accusations by pointing out that these flagrant posts were made by non-AWOO staff people (in particular users KKKlyde and Cani Lupine) on their Twitter accounts or on Free Fur All 2022 Unofficial Chat, an unsanctioned "Free Fur All" social site.
- Free Fur All's venue page on the Anthro West Open Organization Inc.'s website. Retrieved November 3, 2021.
- The furry fandom is unhappy with @AWOOAssociation's announcement of Free Fur All. post by We Got This Covered on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Awoonation, I think? Looks like it's gonna be a big ole trump-worshipping circle jerk tho where they constantly make sad jokes about snowflakes and whine about how they can't get away with being openly racist anymore post by RAPTORDOG on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- MAGACon post by UZIKING on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- FreeFurAll, the Furry convention designed by Trump supporters post by Crafty Coyote on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- not to mention that its guest of honor is disgraced furry shithead deuce gryphon. they really missed a chance to call this Fashcon post by Supership79 on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- It's not impossible and is absolutely worth noting. People should make it clear they want Free Fur All destroyed, NOT TTFC. post by Allie Capps on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- OOPSY DOODLE! It seems that Free Fur All still has a hotel block listed on its site, so the hotel manager might have lied during his statement!(.) It'd be a shame if their phones rang off the hook today asking about that... post by Allie Capps on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Whoops, I accidentally dropped the contact information for the convention's hotel and charity! I hope nobody uses this for 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 reason!!! post by Allie Capps on Twitter. Retrieved September 4, 2021.
- its always the left that's quick to make threats of violence, joking or not, because they'd take it deadly serious when on the receiving end post by Dingolf on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Friendly reminder that the people whining about FreeFurAll, going so far as to make bomb and mass shooting threats to the event(...) post by FreezePeachWulf on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- The crazy people pissed about free fur all have devolved to making bomb threats post by FreezePeachWulf on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Help me identify these last few Free Fur All staff members? post by Allie Capps on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- Any one else notice the Free Fur All is taking place in Tulsa and ends 2 days before the anniversary of the Tulsa Massacre? post by SigYeen on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- the subtle aesthetic details in this flyer. post by Supership79 on Twitter. Retrieved September 3, 2021.
- #Uncancelable Posted via Twitter on Sept 14, 2021, retrieved Sept 16, 2021
- The AWOO Association on Facebook
- The AWOO Association on Twitter
- The AWOO Association on Telegram
- The AWOO Association on Minds
- The AWOO Association on YouTube
- Free Fur All promotional video on YouTube
- A Furry Convention With Ties To The Alt-Right Was Announced And The Fandom Wants It Dead. article on We Got This Covered