Forum:Where to buy fur suits
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Hello all. I want to become a fur. My fursona is an ice dragon and I was wondering where I could buy dragon fursuits/costumes. I looked at an auction site and couldn't find anything. I also noticed that some of the fur suits got pricey (almost 1K for some.) How much money did you spend on your fur suit?
- Hi there! First, note that it is not necessary to have a fursuit in order to be within the furry community, attend conventions, etc. (Only about 20% of those who go to the latter have one.)
- As they are custom-made and labour-intensive, fursuits tend to cost a lot. If you want one specifically of your character, you are likely to need to commission one, which could range from ~$800-3000+ depending on the exact features and the quality that you are looking for. Generally speaking, you get what you pay for, in better materials, quality and reliability (but note that the most popular and expensive are often the most backed-up as well - they may only be able to fit you in for a year away).
- If you are willing to go second-hand - and many suggest it's worth trying fursuiting before you get a personal costume - then you may have to wait for a good deal, but you should be able to find one for around the $500-1000 range, or maybe less for a partial. The appropriate sections on FurBid and FurBuy are worth watching, as is fursuitauctions.
- You could also learn to make one yourself, although in most cases it would make more sense to earn the money needed to commission one from an established builder. --GreenReaper(talk) 06:52, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- OMGpineapples sells fullsuits starting at 500, and partials starting at 350. Of course, the price will rise with complexity, but if you want something simple, I suggest you go there; the quality is decent and many of her customers are first-time fursuiters. Equivamp 14:46, 8 May 2011 (EDT)