Forum:Proposal on Portals
I just wrote this very rough-drafted proposal on Portal standards, since I'm sure that more portals will be created in the future. This derives from Rat's proposed BC Portal design.
In addition, I'm starting up a few georegion-specific navboxes that can link all pertinent articles, including the portal, category and forum. Here are two examples: Template:British Columbia and Template:California.
Any suggestions? --RayneVanDunem 07:57, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- I really like the Geographic template. Maybe distinguish between active and inactive events. I can really see potential benefit for geographic portals, but for other topics, and template would be sufficient(but I don't want to discourage people who think they can make it work. --Rat 08:58, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Before we do more, we should get agreement to make "Portal" a recognized namespace here. --Rat 08:04, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
So what's the next thing to add to geographic portals? Maps? I'm a bit wary of mapping private residences, but we can map the restaurants, theatres, and parks where furries congregate. Pictures? We're not a media repository(or maybe with pool.wikifur.com we can be), but a few from each event should be okay. How should we organize the subpages? Template:Upcoming_Events/Florida or Template:Florida/Upcoming_Events? --Rat 11:40, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- I think it needs a page-encompassing border, like this one. Plus, it needs a summation template at the top which describes the furry demographic in the state. --RayneVanDunem 02:21, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- I'm open to reasonable ideas about the format. I think a banner across the top is a definite to do. --Rat 11:35, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- Also, I think that Template:Upcoming_Events/(state name) is the better format, since the Upcoming_Events name is going to be reused anyway. --RayneVanDunem 01:50, 14 December 2008 (UTC)