Further Confusion 2008
- Theme: The Fur East 
- Guests of Honor: artist
- Special Musical Appearance: musician Alexander James Adams
- Attendance: 2,423 
- Amount Raised for Charities: $22,000, which went to House Rabbit Society, Rattie Ratz, and Wildcare
- Fursuiters in the parade: 387 (but see )
- Artshow sales: $52,068.00
In keeping with the tradition that the chairman of the con is replaced yearly, Anthropomorphic Arts and Education opened bids for 2008 with application deadlines in December 2006. Bos'n C Otter was selected as the 2008 chair and in turn made an open call for a theming executive. The vice-chair was Melchar.
This year, Further Confusion maintained a presence in Second Life with the Further Confusion ClubHouse ( ) in Critter Valley. As appropriate for the event's theme, the ClubHouse featured a Japanese garden and a large pagoda, with ten stepping stones illustrating the convention's ten different yearly logos. Free virtual t-shirts from 2005-2008 were available inside.
- The votes for Furry Night Live were collected in the same boxes used for the "Dick in a box" sketch.
- A data-entry error led to double-counting of donations and inconsistent asset figures on this year's form. See the following year's source for confirmation of these figures.
Anthropomorphic Arts and Education, Inc. started the year with $158712 in assets, including $90752 in cash (and temporary cash investments). They ended the year with $162442 in assets, including $103937 in cash. Liabilities were zero, making their gain/loss for the year $3730 ($13185 in cash), and their net balance $162442.
Note: These financials provide just a brief overview, and should be considered in context. Each convention has its own situation, which may change from year to year. Special events (like art shows) that are part of a charity's mission are usually run at a loss. Conventions typically have many other expenses which may come to far more than those listed. Check the source for further details.
- Notes and Numbers from FC2007 on FurCon's LiveJournal community
- Further Confusion 2008 - Guests
- Past Further Confusions - the initial figure of 2,311 excluded dealers and marketplace attendees
- The official parade figure was disputed, with some sources reporting lower figures. There is photographic evidence for at least 371 fursuiters at one point along the parade route.
- Different LARGER hotel on Further Confusion's forums
- AAE, Inc solicits bids for Further Confusion 2008 on FurCon's LiveJournal community
- I am looking for just the right person. on FurCon's LiveJournal community
- AAE Inc. - Who Are We?