|This article needs to be wikified (formatted according to the Furry Book of Style).|
For specifics, check the edit history and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Real name||Tony Barrett|
|Born||September 27, 1963|
|Date of death||April 5, 2019|
|Profession or hobby||Paraveterinary worker, fursuiter|
|Character species||German Shepherd|
Dogbomb (real name Tony Barrett, born September 27, 1963 - died April 5, 2019), was a fursuiter and amateur marathon runner who resided in both Orange County, California and Crystal Beach, Arizona, USA.
Dogbomb was a Paraveterinary worker with decades of experience and an avid runner. He was also the head of the Orange County Gay Runners Meetup Group.
Dogbomb was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in March 2018 and given a prognosis of one to three years. In the aftermath of his diagnosis, he was noted in the fandom for his unyielding positivity, remaining active despite his symptoms.
Dogbomb participated in an early-stage clinical trial to attempt to stop the disease, and with the help of the furry fandom raised money in the name of ALS research. On March 29, 2019, he announced on Twitter his decision to end his life, clarifying that he would end his life on April 5. His final message was sent on Twitter at 3:00 PM, Pacific Standard Time. It reads:
|Dogbomb has left the building. I love all y'all!"|
Dogbomb said that his body was willed to the UCI Medical School, with a message of encouragement for the medical students practicing on his cadaver.
Tony was the featured marathoner for the 2019 installment of The ALS Association LA Marathon. Tony's bio, as written by himself, encourages others to support the fight against the brutal disease, that takes away the last hope. The bio can be found on their site.
On April 5, 2019, he died.
Capital City Fur Con selected the ALS Association as the charity of the 2020 convention "In honor of our beloved community member Dogbomb".
Dogbomb discovered the furry fandom after being referred to as one by a friend.
He gained fame on Fur Affinity in August 2010 when he posted a photo of himself in his fursuit posing with a wheelchair-user named Sarah. He used the summary to write extensively about his short time with Sarah, who has cerebral palsy and is paraplegic but is also able to use her facial muscles to smile. The resulting outpouring of plaudits for both Sarah and Dogbomb by users of the site climaxed with a one-week dedication of a special FA banner created by Aurora Borealia in honor of Dogbomb.
On 2019, Dogbomb was nominated for The Good Furry Award 2019 for "outstanding spirit in the furry community".
Dogbomb's character was a German Shepherd modelled after his late pet dog, Rodger.
- Dogbomb 1.0 - The first was was created by Beastcub, and was modeled after a beloved pet dog he owned for 14 years named Rodger.
- Dogbomb 2.0 - The more recent one was created in 2014 by Stuffed Panda Studios.
- ↑ "ALS Can Kiss My Fuzzy Butt" - Fur Affinity journal by Dogbomb. Dated March 8, 2018. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "'Last Mutt Standing': Dogbomb inspires the world through his courageous battle against ALS" by Kijani Lion for Dogpatch Press. Published October 8, 2018. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- ↑ Dogbomb has left the building... post on Twitter. Dated April 5, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- ↑ "My body is willed to the UCI Medical School, so I wrote a note for the student(s) who are stuck with my weird husk." - Dogbomb, Twitter (April 1, 2019)
- ↑ Charity – Capital City Fur Con archived December 7, 2019 at archive.org Wayback Machine. Retrieved December 7, 2019.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Dogbomb: Not your ordinary canine" by Kijani Lion. Originally written for Furry News Network in 2011, reprinted by Dogpatch Press in 2018. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- ↑ Dogbomb. "Courage on Two Wheels". August 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM. Fur Affinity.
- ↑ Fender. "October (or Something Like It)". 10/03/10 10:26 pm. Fur Affinity. “
It's October (but you've known that for a few days now).
This week's banner (week, not month!) is in honor of dogbomb. It's very rare that we bring focus to any one user, but we feel that exceptions can (and should) be made for the exceptional. Dogbomb is one of definitely of the exceptional.
So, Dogbomb, we give you... Bomb Dogs (corgi elites!), and salute all that you have done for the community. For your amazing gallery, stories, and humanitarianism, we give you a few days in FA's spotlight. And to everybody like you, the suiters who take time out to visit the sick in hospitals, to entertain and to be good ambassadors, this banner goes out to you as well.
Banner art by auroraborealia”
- ↑ Aurora Borealia. "Dog bomb -FULL BANNER-". October 4, 2010 at 08:33 AM. Fur Affinity.
- ↑ Dogbomb's Award Post - Ask Papa Bear, Ask Papa Bear. Retrieved 2019.
- ↑ Dogbomb's suits - Fur Affinity, FurAffinity. Retrieved May 28, 2019.
- Dogbomb on FurAffinity
- Dogbomb on Twitter
- Dogbomb on Youtube
- Tony Barrett on Facebook
- Dogbomb on Lucky Otters Haven
- Dogbomb Tribute Animation on Twitter
- The story of Dogbomb (Why he is such an inspiration) on Youtube
- Dogbomb (speedpaint) on Youtube
- In Memory of Dogbomb on Youtube
- ALS Walk for DogBomb on Youtube
- A Tribute to Dogbomb: All Dogs Go To Heaven on Youtube
- A Toast For Dogbomb 4/5/2019 on Youtube
- The last Will and Testament of dogbomb on Youtube
- What A Lovely Cruise It's Been - For Dogbomb on Youtube
- A Toast To Dogbomb! on Youtube
- For our beloved Dogbomb! on Youtube
- Toast for Dogbomb on Youtube
|This stub about a person could be expanded.|