The first time the name came up was for the week-end of 29-30 September 2007 when Djem proposed a furmeet at his former home in Auderghem. Roughly twelve furries ended up visiting his home. The result was a merry and unstructured event due to the fact of the quite large amount of furs that showed up for a furmeet that was intended for a half of a dozen Furries.
There is still debate about if we can name this furmeet the first Brussels furmeet (the photo gallery was originally labelled "DjemFurence", before being retroactively included into the Brussels Furmeet). The facts are that it awakened the talents of the people who started the next one.
First large Belgian Furmeet
The next edition (or the first, it's still not clear) took place on the weekend of 8-10 February 2008. This time, activities were pre-planned. Still, preparations were rapid since, as the other time, not that many people were expected.
- The team
- Djem: Main organiser, owner of the house, fursuit dance mixer
- Clover: Treasurer, owner of the annex lodging, responsible for the goodie pack
- Ardagan: Webmaster, main cook
- Desim: Webmaster, logistical aid, secondary cook
- Other contributors
- Raghan: Author of the Brussels Furmeet poster
- Kai Morgen: Main decorator of the 'Brussels Furmeet con book'
- Kenai: Co-mixer at the fursuit dance
Bruxelles Strikes Back
- Brussels Furmeet links page (archived 3 January 2008)
- Bruxelles Furmeet V2.0 (archived from 1 February 2009)
- Bruxelles strikes back - Fursuit group photo - photo by Shayhusky, description by Djem (but see comments); posted on Furs around Belgium, Fur Affinity (29 October 2010)