Bob Guthrie started an assistant cartoonist for several companies established in Barcelona, Spain, such as Editorial Bruguera. He served with the US Navy from 1985 to 1989 as an Anti-submarine warfare Gunner's Mate, stationed aboard the USS Gray (FF-1054), USS Claude V. Rickets (DDG-5), and USS Barney (DDG 6).
Bob Guthrie has lived since 1992 at the Hotel Yorba household in Orange County, California, USA, along with artists Steve Martin and Doug Winger, he has attended some furry conventions and meets, and has contributed art to various funny animal media to several publications such as the The American Journal of Anthropomorphics issue 1 (pages 9-14) and issue 2 (pages 37-42).
A self-taught modern and classic arts illustrator, he works in various media fields in illustration, graphic designer, 3D design, cartooning and animation, with the last one in the sub-fields of animation character design and background Illustrator.
Professional works (non-furry)
A former Warner Bros. Consumer Products and marketing artist, he has worked on several WB projects such as:
- Additional characters for the 1994 Baby Looney Tunes character design book, initially designed by US animator Frank Espinosa (Baby Pepe LePew, Penelope Pussycat, Baby Marvin the Martin and K9 pup).
- Contributory conceptual animation character concepts (character Lola Bunny) and movie poster designs (domestic and international) for Warner Bros. Animation's 1996 Animated feature Space Jam.
- The collaborated design for the 1997 USPS/WBCP Bugs Bunny stamp, which included initial rough concepts, backgrounds, and cleanup. He would assist on the next two stamps of the series, Daffy Duck (backgrounds and cleanup), and Sylvester and Tweety (cleanup).
- Support art for the Draw the Looney Tunes, the Warner Bros' character design manual, along with Frank Espinosa and Chinese animator San Wei Chan,
Other non-furry works include product and toy design and development for such companies as Mattel, Playmates, Jakks Pacific, and Spinmasters, among others, and character and prop design for several small and large animation studios.
- Petty Officer Guthrie, Robert M. on the roster page of the ASW destroyer USS Claude V. Rickets. Retrieved ?.
- Animation World Magazine's review of the Draw the Looney Tunes, the Warner Bros' character design manual. Retrieved ?.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Pixel Toons Ink. - Bob Guthrie's personal website
- Bob Guthrie on deviantART
- Bob Guthrie on Fur Affinity
- Bob Guthrie on Weasyl
- Bob Guthrie on Inkbunny
- Bob Guthrie on SoFurry
- Bob Guthrie on Pixiv
- Bob Guthrie on Facebook
- Bob Guthrie on Twitter (SFW account)
- Bob Guthrie on Twitter (NSFW-ish account)
- The lair of the Angry Artist - Bob Guthrie's LiveJournal
- Robert Guthrie listing on the Poopsheet Foundation
- "Me alisté para lograr una beca" - Interview with the Spanish newspaper, Menorca.info (Spanish only)
|This stub about a person could be .|