|First iteration||August 22-25, 2013|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: Fuzzcon resources|
- "Fuzzcon" redirects here. There is also a Swedish convention called NordicFuzzCon.
The Belgian Fuzzcon is a furry convention that is held in the Belgian Ardennes in the Liège province, Belgium. It went on an extended hiatus after its first instance in 2013, but is to be resumed in 2019.
The first Fuzzcon occurred under that name over August 22-25, 2013.
The convention's website stated: "Fuzzcon is a small furry convention that will be held in the Belgian ardennes, starting at thursday the 22nd of August, till sunday the 25th of August. The main reason of its existence is to offer a cheaper and smaller convention than Eurofurence, where furries from Belgium and neighbouring countries can learn to know each other, relax, and have fun."
Pareldraakje was the sole organizer.
According to the convention's website:
|The events aren't set in stone yet, since most of the events will depend on the weather. The group is pretty small (a maximum of 20 people), thus it would also be possible to decide what to do at the spot. The events would all be included in the confee. None of them are set in stone yet, but below you can find a collection of activities we could possibly do during the convention.
Other than the suggestions above, you're also free to make use of the wellness facilities all day/night and enjoy yourselves inside, in the garden or in the nearby town centre. The venue is pretty much surrounded by a forest, so you could also go for a walk in the nature.
Registration and attendees
The registration prices were:
- "Food + drinks + stay from 22-8-2013 to 25-8-2013: 100€
- Early bird (arrival on 21-8-2013 after 4 pm): +15€
- Late departure (departure at 26-8-2013 before 11 am): +15€
- Sponsor: +30€" to be paid by bank transfer to a specified account.
Activities, "Full pension (meals 3x a day)" and "Non-alcoholic Aldi drinks" were included in the price.
Fuzzcon 2014 ("Fuzzcon & Wusky Dance") was announced for July 18-21, again to take place in the Belgian Ardennes, but was subsequently put on hiatus. In a post on the Fuzzcon forum, Pareldraakje stated the convention was being put off until the summer of 2015, citing the burden of organizing everything herself (although Wikke was listed on an unfinished staff page for 2014 which covered the combination of the event with his birthday rave), budgetary problems (paying everything out of her own pockets with a net loss of about 100€), and a lack of motivation.
The convention website's domain name, which fell into disuse, has been re-registered. A new event is planned under the name Belgian Fuzzcon for the Belgian Ardennes on 8-12 August 2019, with space for "26 fluffs".
- Fuzzcon website. Retrieved July 12, 2013. Archived September 14, 2013.
- Events. Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- http://www.fuzzcon.be/registration.html Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- http://www.fuzzcon.be/attendees.html Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- Fuzzcon website. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Fuzzcon on hiatus" - thread started by Pareldraakje on the Fuzzcon forum. Dated December 16, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- Fuzzcon Staff. Archived 18 December 2013.
- The Belgian Fuzzcon is coming back! Accessed 2 February 2019.