|Author(s)||Co-founders & owners: Varka, Athus Nadorian, Narse, Raith|
|Launch date||June 6, 2008|
Bad Dragon, also known as Bad Dragon Enterprises and Bad Dragon Toys, is both the name of a business co-founded and owned by Varka, Narse, Athus Nadorian (who is no longer involved since his death), and Raith, which produces toys of a sexual nature, and a website and social community intended for adults.
Bad Dragon's mission statement is to:
|(M)ake fantasies real for people who want to indulge in fantasies of their favorite species either in private or with others.|
On December 7, 2007, the (yet to be named then) Bad Dragon project was announced by Varka on his website, the Herpy Reference Archive. At the time, it was just a small side project of Varka's until he began his "research and development" phase.[clarify] It officially opened for business on June 6, 2008, and it was showcased at Anthrocon in 2008.
Bad Dragon's catalog of available toys and products is primarily inspired by the anatomy of real or fictional feral animals. However, in some instances, such as the anthro varieties, human characteristics have been incorporated into the toy design.
While Bad Dragon primarily produces dildoes and other toys intended to penetrate the user, they also have a range of penetrative toys (colloquially known as onaholes or sex sleeves), in addition to water-based lubricant (intended primarily for use with their dildoes' cumtubes),[clarify] silicone samples, and condoms produced by other companies such as Durex and Skyn.
Bad Dragon ships through Fedex and United Parcel Service, so international shipping is costly. Like most sex toy companies, orders arrive in a plain brown box with a return address and the company name is omitted from credit card or bank statements.
- CEO: Varka
- Art director of art: Narse
- Lead designer: Unknown (formerly held by Athus)
- R&D director: Raith
- Marketing and sales director: Sarmanikan
- Chief operating officer: Kamo
- Chief financial officer: Bastian Tiger
- Production manager: Aardy
- Adoptions/flops manager: Streak
- Shipping manager: Tsukaza
- customer care/warranty & returns manager: SemJay
- Affiliates, PA: Unknown (formerly held by Nemekh)
- Customer care agents: ZinWolf, Mohr
- Production employees: Ashadan, Twiggy, WolfJester, KibaCheetah
- Shipping employees: Archaios, Katsuri
Much of Bad Dragon's early popularity and sales can be attributed to the company advertising and selling at various furry conventions.. It, at first, started out as an Anthrocon exclusive vendor but starting in 2010, it branched out to other conventions.
- Anthrocon* - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Biggest Little Fur Con - ?, 2022
- CaliFur - 2010, 2011, 2012
- EXXXOTICA Expo - ?, 2022
- Fetish Con - ?, 2022
- FurFright - 2012
- Furry Connection North - 2012
- Furry Weekend Atlanta - 2011, 2012
- Further Confusion: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Midwest Fur Fest - 2010, 2011, 2012
- RainFurrest - 2011, 2012
- Rocky Mountain Fur Con - 2010, 2011, 2012
(*) Bad Dragon can no longer sell or advertise at Anthrocon, as AC altered their Anthrocon 2012 Dealer Information Packet to indicate thus:
|VI. Other Restrictions. B. Items of a distinctly adult nature whose primary purpose is functional rather than artistic are prohibited (if you do not know what that means, please contact us and we will explain).|
- We are excited for some great racing at the NASA Nationals at COTA this month! post on Twitter. Retrieved September 28, 2022.
- Bad Dragon Renews Sponsorship of Mick Blue Racing article on AVN. Retrieved September 28, 2022.
- Policy changes with the convention frown upon companies / products like ours post on Twitter. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- Enter the Dragon article on Vice
- These Stranger Things sex toys could bring a little fun to your Upside Down article on Boing Boing
- Bad Dragon Renews Sponsorship of Mick Blue Racing article on AVN
- Bad Dragon to Show Off Newest Fantasy-Inspired Creations to Sex Expo NY (XBIZ) article on the Free Speech Coalition (FSC) Online
- Global Sex Toys Market Predicted to Grow at CAGR of 5.86% By 2029 with Revenue $3204.64 Million article one the Taiwanese News
- Sex Toys Market 2022 Business Strategies, Production and Comprehensive Research Study till 2028|BMS Factory, Doc Johnson Enterprises, LELO, PHE Inc article on the Digital Journal Online