"Artists Beware" is a community for warnings about commissioners, art theft, and artists. Positive feedback is also encouraged in monthly posts. The community was created by Poofywolf in August 2003. As of April 2014, it had over 4100 members on LiveJournal, most of whom are in some way involved in furry fandom.
Due to the gradual abandonment of LiveJournal, the staff decided to consult the community on a move. Polling was divided, but came in favour of a move 59% to 39% on LJ,, and 83% to 16% on Twitter. The move took place during January 2019, with assistance from FursuitReview.
Artists Beware is valued by the community for its role in bringing abuses to light, but also feared (particularly by artists) for the potential to leave a black mark on the reputation of those who are posted about. In response, some subjects "freak out", "send their friends to white-knight" or "demand [that] the [original poster] take down the post", according to staff. Posts are pre-moderated, and both post and comment deletion/screening are forbidden by the community rules.
As of April 2019:
Past staff included Ailurophile, hamburger, former owner and lead moderator kayla_la, kerstin_orion, Moltenglowstick, neolucky, puppetmaker40, shukiveangance and sigilgoat.
- ↑ Community Discussion: Moving Offsite - Celestina Ketzia, Artists Beware LJ (1 October 2019)
- ↑ Moving Offsite Poll Results - Celestina Ketzia, Artists Beware LJ (12 October 2019)
- ↑ Poll #2085617: Should Artists_Beware Move Off of LJ? - Artists Beware LJ. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- ↑ "We also understand the irony of asking your opinion on moving but hosting the poll on LJ. So to ensure we get everyone's thoughts on the matter, here's one for twitter. Should we move @Artists_Beware to its own site off of LJ?" - Artists Beware, Twitter (1 October 2019)
- ↑ DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY - oceandezignz, Artists Beware LJ (30 January 2019)
- ↑ UPDATE: Artists Beware Closing Date - oceandesigns, Artists Beware LJ (8 January 2019)
- ↑ "Howdy folks! Celestina here. I'm one of A_B's lead admins, and would like to take a moment to bring @FursuitReview up forward. Their owner has been a great help to us in our website launch" - Artists Beware, Twitter (16 April 2019)
- ↑ Advice on how to handle being posted here. - kayla_la, Artists Beware LJ (11 August 2011)
- ↑ Staff Directory - Artists Beware. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- ↑ Celestina Ketzia's staff addition - kayla_la, Artists Beware LJ (21 April 2014)
- ↑ Artists_Beware Ownership - Celestina Ketzia, Artists Beware LJ (25 February 2018)
- ↑ Post regarding kayla_la - Celestina Ketzia, Artists Beware LJ (21 February 2018)
- ↑ So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Good Night! - kerstin_orion, Artists Beware LJ (15 April 2014)
- ↑ Another departure - shukiveangance, Artists Beware LJ (18 April 2014)
- ↑ More News! - Sigil, Artists Beware LJ (17 April 2014)
- Artists Beware - official website
- Former community and old posts: artists_beware (artistsbeware.org)
- Archives (used in the event of post deletion by the submitter): ab-archive - Dreamwidth
- Artists Beware on Twitter
- Artists Beware on Facebook (reposts only)
|This entry about a website is a stub - can you improve it?|