Anthrocon 2010 was the 14th annual Anthrocon furry convention. It was held on the weekend of June 24th to 27th, 2010, at the Westin Hotel and David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The theme was "Modern Stone-Age Furries".The charity was Fayette Friends Of Animals, a no-kill dog & cat rescue shelter.
- Attendance: 4,238
- Fursuit parade: 713
- Charity total: $12,849.00
Unlike years past, hotel reservations were not available until February 2010. This was made at the request of many furries based on feedback from years prior. Despite a record load on Anthrocon's webserver at the opening of hotel reservations, it held up under the load. After the initial rush, a breakdown of when various nights sold out was posted.
The Guests Of Honor were James Gurney, author of the Dinotopia book series and Jim Martin, puppeteer/director on Sesame Street.
Anthrocon, Inc. started the year with $111849 in assets, including $63368 in cash (and temporary cash investments). They ended the year with $109429 in assets, including $55366 in cash. Liabilities were zero, making their gain/loss for the year $-2420 ($-8002 in cash), and their net balance $109429.
Their total revenue was $373926, of which $197910 was from memberships, $32595 was from donations, $700 was from advertising and $7507 was from merchandise, after accounting for the cost of goods sold.
Their expenses came to $376346, of which $55618 was for occupancy, $36584 for equipment rental and maintenance, $26421 for catering, $34032 for labor and $23482 for printing.
Source: Anthrocon, Inc. Form 990 (description from Foundation Center)
Note: These financials provide just a brief overview, and should be considered in context. Each convention has its own situation, which may change from year to year. Special events (like art shows) that are part of a charity's mission are usually run at a loss. Conventions typically have many other expenses which may come to far more than those listed. Check the source for further details.
Anthrocon counted $125,304 of revenue and $125,966 of expenses related to the art show and artists alley for 2010, which had previously been accounted for separately. The revenue and expenses without these items were $248,622 and $250,380.
- ↑ Convention Date Related Questions - From Anthrocon's FAQ
- ↑ Anthrocon 2010 Charity Event Followup on anthrocon
- ↑ 2010 Hotel reservations will be available in February from the Official Anthrocon Forums. Retrieved September 23, 2009
- ↑ How our webserver performed under a heavy load from Anthrocon's forums
- ↑ How the Westin fared on February 2 (Warning! Contains SCIENCE!) from Anthrocon's forums
- ↑ Anthrocon 2010 is pleased to welcome its honored guests from the official Anthrocon website. Retrieved September 23, 2009.
- Photos, videos, reports: Anthrocon 2010 resources
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you improve it?|