From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
Anthro New England 2020 is a furry convention scheduled to take place at the Boston Park Plaza in Boston, Massachusetts, USA over February 20-23, 2020.
ANE's support of its historic charity Massachusetts Vest-a-Dog became controversial in September 2019 after allegations of police brutality relating to protesters of a straight pride parade in Boston brought their indirect support of the police into question. The convention decided to drop Vest-a-Dog for 2020, to be replaced with another animal-related charity yet to be determined. In addition, half the funds raised are to go to the ALS Association in rememberance of Dogbomb, a cause suggested in a response to their first letter. According to the convention, their previous plans were to support the ALS Association in combination with Vest-a-Dog for 2020 and to consider another animal charity for 2021, although this had not been announced on the charity page at the time (which solely covered Vest-a-Dog).
- ↑ Hotel & Location - Anthro New England. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
- ↑ Tweet announcing review of charity plans - Basil Remblai, Anthro New England, Twitter (September 5, 2019)
- ↑ Furries Are Arguing About Whether They Should Support Police Dog Charities - Samantha Cole, Motherboard, Vice Media (September 12, 2019)
- ↑ Tweet announcing new charity plans - Basil Remblai, Anthro New England, Twitter (September 14, 2019)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Hmm, how about supporting an ALS foundation charity? In memory of Dogbomb :3" - Kimmerz Greywolf, Twitter (September 6, 2019)
- ↑ Charity - Anthro New England. Retrieved September 15, 2019.
| This entry about a convention is a stub - can you improve it?