Animal Crossing is a series of simulation games about being a human living in a town (or island, in the newest entry) of anthropomorphic (furry) animals and performing chores to earn money and pay off a debt, while making friends and learning along the way.
Animal Crossing is a video game series which first appeared on the Nintendo 64 as Doubutsu no Mori (Japanese: どうぶつの森, English: Animal Forest) on April 14, 2001 and was later ported the the Nintendo GameCube as Animal Crossing, released in December the 14, 2001, in Japan, known in that country as Doubutsu no Mori+ (Animal Forest+) and was re-localised back to Japan as Doubutsu no Mori e+ (Animal Forest e+) on June 27, 2003, as an enhanced version of the game. Animal Crossing was followed by the sequels, Animal Crossing: Wild World on the Nintendo DS, first released in Japan in November 23 2005, and Animal Crossing: City Folk (Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City in PAL regions) on the Wii first in the USA on November the 16, 2008.
The next game in the series was Animal Crossing: New Leaf on November 8, 2012 in Jpaan, and the most recent main series game is Animal Crossing: New Horizons on March 20, 2020, as a global release.
- Tom Nook - A male Tanuki character who runs the shop commonly referred to as "Nook's Cranny", until Animal Crossing: New Horizons, where he became the CEO of a company called Nook Inc. and runs the Resident Services center on the island.
- Isabelle - A female dog character from the Animal Crossing games since Animal Crossing: New Leaf. She assists the player with their duties as mayor in that game, and in the newest game, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, she acts as the head of the Civic Consultation Counter and Tom Nook's assistant for Nook Inc..
- K.K. Slider - A male dog character who is a famous musician, and composed many of the songs heard in the world of Animal Crossing.
- Blathers - An owl who runs the local museum in all the games except Doubutsu no Mori. He is known for blabbering (or "blathering") which is reflected in his name.
- Official site
- Animal Crossing on Wikipedia
- Animal Crossing (series) on Nookipedia