|While WikiFur does not require total neutrality, the point of view of this article is disputed.|
Please check the talk page discussion before making substantial changes.
Agahnim (b. 1983), also known as Aggie, Anhinga, Microraptor or Cayro, is an artist, writer and cartoonist named Jonathan Kane, who exists on the fringes of the furry community. He currently lives with his girlfriend Ixerin in North Carolina. Most of his art and writing relates to paleontology, evolution, and the origin of birds, particularly in order to make fun of creationists for their failure to understand these topics. He is best known for drawing a webcomic titled Occam’s Razor, starring the superhero Captain Occam and his nemesis the Prattmaster.
The Occam’s Razor comic series was first introduced as a private joke at Christian Forums, a forum where Agahnim often debates with creationists. The nature of the joke revolved around creationists who rely on “PRATT lists”: lengthy lists of arguments that each have been refuted numerous times before, “PRATT” being an acronym for Point Refuted A Thousand Times. However, this comic quickly became so popular that it grew into an entire series. In addition to Captan Occam and the Prattmaster, its recurring characters include the following:
- Dr. Hovind, a caricature of the infamous creationist Kent Hovind, who is portrayed in the comic as an evil mastermind.
- Mr. Pardalis, a character based on an actual paleontologist for whom Agahnim has worked. Both the character and his real-life counterpart bear more than a passing resemblance to Revolver Ocelot, although in the comic this resemblance is slightly exaggerated.
- Mr. Pardalis’s student, a young man based on Agahnim as he was in spring and summer of 2003, while working for this paleontologist between high school and college.
- Ixerin, Deinonychus based on the fursona of Agahnim’s girlfriend.
- Zedekiah, an ignorant and arrogant creationist pastor. He is named after a similarly self-righteous king described in theN Old Testament of the Bible.
The reaction to these comics has been overwhelmingly positive, with posts about them from such high-profile sites as Dresden Codak and Pharyngula. Ironically, most members of the furry community have little familiarity with these comics and know Agahnim only for his participation in their own community.
Agahnim’s longest-running online project is the creation of a dinosaur RPG that attempts to reconstruct the lives of extinct animals in as realistic a manner as possible, without involving the anthropomorphism that is common in most such RPGs. This RPG has gone through several iterations at different websites, which include:
- Terribleclaw.com, which was shut down as a result of being spammed by Bobby Plank, the ex-boyfriend of the webmaster’s sister.
- Deinok.com, which was abandoned as a result of its webmaster breaking into accounts at other websites belonging to the people who posted there.
- Snakebird.net, Agahnim’s own website from 2004 until 2006, which was abandoned following his seperation with Crow, the co-administrator of the RPG forum who was his girlfriend during this time.
- SpreeBB.com, the RPG’s most recent location.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|