The first ZodiaCon took place over May 20-22, 2011, in Tanvald, Czech Republic. The 2011 topic was The Dawn of Time. Sixty registered attendees from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Germany, and Belgium attended.
The second ZodiaCon took place May 5-8, 2012, at the ŠARZ Vršov hotel near Pardubice, Czech Republic. The tagline was The sky is falling with a theme of post-catastrophic dystopian society. There were 67 attendees, and several thousand CZK was raised for charity.
The third ZodiaCon took place over May 16-19, 2013, again at the ŠARZ Vršov hotel. There were 74 attendees.
The fourth ZodiaCon took place over May 30-June 2, 2014. It was once again held in the ŠARZ Vršov hotel, near Pardubice, in the Czech Republic.
The fifth ZodiaCon will take place from May 29 to June 1, 2015. Like the year before, it will be held in the ŠARZ Vršov hotel, near Pardubice, in the Czech Republic.
The theme for this year, held under the sign of Leo, is "The Mayan Expedition. South America, indian pyramids, lots of gold, human sacrifices..."
Each ZodiaCon year has an animal mascot related to the zodiac sign representing it. The mascots are:
- 2011: Aries ♈ - Lambert the ram
- 2012: Taurus ♉ - Vartan the bull
- 2013: Gemini ♊ - Castor and Pollux, the zebra twins
Although the logo of ZodiaCon 2014 incorporated the astrological symbol for Cancer (the crab), the convention's mascot appeared to break the zodiacal pattern of the previous years. The 2014 mascot was Jack O'Hare, a rabbit who was a "typical wild west settler".
ZodiaCon's "con crew" are:
|* Altair (chairman, webmaster and IT infrastructure provider, bad horse)|
- 2011 ZodiaCon website, retrieved October 26, 2011
- ZodiaCon website, retrieved November 23, 2011
- ZodiaCon 2014 website. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- ZodiaCon 2015 website. Retrieved February 7, 2015.
- Guest of Honor on the ZodiaCon 2015 website. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- http://www.en.zodiacon.org/faq Retrieved May 6, 2013.
|This entry about a convention is a stub - can you it?|