From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
A yerfer, also known a Yerfite or Yefling (coined by Snoo da Shrew on the Yerf.yap newsgroup, 199?), was a self-label moniker for any long time media artist posting on the Yerf art gallery, any long time user on the Yerf Newsgroups or Yerf forums, or for any person who did not feel comfortable being called a furry, be it fan and/or artist.
The term "yerfer" could also be used in the sense of a demeaning anti-furry term, as first used in such manner in 1998 by Bad Tiggy in AWFR:
- ↑ Use of the term outside the Yerf website and forums, on Heeba May Cry' (Retrieved January 24, 2013)
- ↑ Use of the term on fur.artwork.erotica (Retrieved January 24, 2013)
- ↑ First recorded use of the term] on July 28, 1998, on alt.fan.furry (Retrieved January 24, 2013)
- ↑ Reference file of "How to be a Furry" on AWFR, containing the first mention of Yerfer in a demeaning manner by Bad Tiggy, 1998 (Retrieved January 24, 2013)
- ↑ Location of the original "How to be a Furry" essay on AWFR Retrieved via the Wayback Machine on January 24, 2013)