|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
YIFF is a very popular destination for Second Life furries, and holds one of the top 3 furry clubs rankings on the grid, and for the majority of its existence ranked #1 on average. YIFF is the premiere furry event destination, often playing exclusive host to numerous top/popular furry avatar creator's release premiere events.
YIFF is a social hangout for bringing furries together to meet and greet with a more adult approach in mind. It welcomes all through it's doors regardless of their species, gender, and sexual orientation.
YIFF was founded on October 24, 2011, by Leopard Adored, three years after founding the IYC (International Yiff Center), under the name TP Fizzle, along with co-founder SorrowDragon Resident as YIFF's general manager.
Within 3 weeks of opening it's doors to the public, YIFF has become the first and only furry club to grow to reach over 25,000 in such a short time span, and by its 2nd month it became one of the top three Furry clubs, holding the #1 top spot consecutively month after month from February 2012 to February 2013 until stricken with a serious simulation glitch which was patched on June 2013.
- In October 22, 2011, the YIFF sim is purchased by Leopard Adored
- October 24, 2011 - The YIFF club opens silently to the public
- October 29, 2011 - Official grand opening
- January 1, 2012 - SorrowDragon becomes co-owner
- January 26, 2012 - YIFF claims the top SL furry club ranking, and holds it for one year
- February 2012 - The YIFF club (V.2) gets a total redesign.
- July 15, 2012 - The YIFF club (V.3) becomes the first furry club in Second Life to incorporate Linden Labs' Mesh 3D rendering technology into more than 50% of its build and appearance, thanks to Leopard Adored and Shronin Wolfenhaut, developed in AutoCAD and Zbrush
- September 8, 2012 - The YIFF sim expands, and opens a mall and marketplace section
- January 1, 2013 - SorrowDragon becomes sole owner of the YIFF sim, club, and groups
- January 2013 - YIFF gets a sim-wide total redesign
- July 1, 2013 - The YIFF club becomes the first club to adopt Linden Labs' Materials[clarify]]] feature into more then 50% of its build and appearance
- May 5, 2014 - Scoobysnax Biscuit becomes owner of the YIFF club, and groups
- Owner/General Manager: Scoobysnax Biscuit
- DJ Manager: DD Otoole
- DJ Manager: SSDKel Resident
- Courtesan[clarify] Manager: Talura Coorara
- Courtesan Manager: Murasakura Resident
- Security Manager: Bizbon.blackheart
- Security Manager: RubenZane
- Average daily traffic: 38,000 to 48,000
- Highest peak traffic to date: 74,634
- Current staff employed: Over 60
- Current active YIFF fan group members: 3,500+ (as of September 2016)