WikiFur talk:Featured picture candidates
- Oh, but they have to be free content . . . hmm.
- They wouldn't neccessarily have to be free content... I think that was left over from the copy from wikipedia. They wanted their pictures to be free content so they could republish a printed version without licensing issues.. that's definiately something to discuss. -- DeVandalizer 05:02, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
Some I would add as candidates
Many of these tell a story, which I think is an important factor in featuring something.
Waiting for elevators at Anthrocon 2006
- Those look good, especially the FIA one :). Go ahead and add a few as candidates :) -- DeVandalizer 05:02, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
- If it hasn't already been featured (I don't believe so, but it may have), I like the artists alley picture. It's candid and interesting, albeit slightly fuzzy. Spaz Kitty 23:30, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Another source for featured picture candidates
My gallery at http://bcfurries.com/gallery2/main.php -- not all of them licensed for use outside the gallery, and some of them not useful for a furry wiki, but I have made a list of what's available at User:Rat/ImageLicenses --Rat 23:36, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Editorial comment - fursuit featured pictures
Is it just me, or does it seem like the Featured Picture slot is being too dominated by fursuit pictures? I just peeked at all 17 pictures that have been featured so far in 2007 and 15 of them are fursuit pictures.
Okay, it is neither surprising nor unexpected that fursuiters would appear in the Featured Picture some of the time. But 15 out of 17? My opinion is that over any long enough period of time to include a fairly significant number of featured pictures, they should represent a fairly good cross section of different aspects of furry fandom, at least insofar as it can be represented in pictures. This might include other convention activities (puppet/variety shows, dealer's den/artists alley, other congoers, etc.), online stuff (if there's a way to represent SL, LJ, FA, etc., in pictures), furry art, and so forth.
Don't get me wrong - fursuit pictures are okay, up to a point. But can we please have more Featured Pictures of other things besides them? --mwalimu 20:24, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
- Feel free to nominate some non-fursuit pictures, or vote support on non-fursuit pictures. --Rat 20:39, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
One year, no changes
Well, it's been a year now since we last chose a new Featured Picture. If we're so stuck for worthwhile images/nominations, it might be time to scrap it completely.--Higgs Raccoon 18:32, 3 June 2012 (EDT)
- I don't think I could deal with the sudden change to the first page! O: Equivamptalk 22:40, 4 June 2012 (EDT)
- We need to overhaul the entire front page. I'm thinking about a section that features random articles on Ursa Major Award winners/nominees, since we should have good articles on them anyway (if not, it's an opportunity to improve them). --GreenReaper(talk) 02:37, 5 June 2012 (EDT)