BlueOtter joined us in August 2005, 2500 days ago. His editing was sporadic in our early years (perhaps in part due to other duties), but he has made regular contributions over the last year and a half, maintaining numerous convention articles and templates, and participating in discussions. He also sports the site colours. I therefore propose naming him as a colleague and curator. --GreenReaper(talk) 15:55, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Strongly agreed. -- Sine 16:53, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Support. BlueOtter has had a long-term presence, with a great number of edits. His contributions, especially to the convention-related articles, have been most useful.--Higgs Raccoon 17:38, 21 June 2012 (EDT)
- Support. He's been a frequent editor for at least the last year and a half, and has helped deal with vandalism. --mwalimu 01:44, 22 June 2012 (EDT)
Thank you, it's an honor to join and assist. :) BlueOtter 12:38, 23 June 2012 (EDT)
I'd like to renominate Equivamp for consideration as a colleague. In the past two and a half years, they have made appropriate use of their power as a conservator, and have contribute to WikiFur's content, doubling their main namespace contributions.
Back in 2012, concerns were raised over potential exposure of private information to other Encyclopedia Dramatica contributors, and their legal status as a minor. The latter is no longer be an issue; as for ED, edits under their account continued after their promotion, but had dropped off as of mid-2013. I asked whether they were contributing under another name, and was told that this was not the case. What are your thoughts? --GreenReaper(talk) 06:23, 9 September 2014 (EDT)
- Privacy concerns aside, while members of a community dedicated to making "satirical jabs at Internet users, [...] sites and phenomena" may be tolerated as editors, some are reluctant to call them colleagues, or to elevate them to a position where they represent WikiFur. It's not a nice site for those individuals and communities featured on it, and many think less of those who actively contribute to it. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:20, 9 September 2014 (EDT)
- >and many think less of those who actively contribute to it
- So in other words I will get colleague status within a month or two. Anyways this being an issue is silly and people need to get over it.
Didn't know that nominations should go here. Anyways I would like to re-nominate Willy on Wheels to be a curator. I refer you to their successful nomination for admin on Wikipedia. Interstellar Shipping & Trading Co. (talk) 08:33, 10 September 2014 (EDT)
- I'm sorry, but their contribution has fallen off in recent years. Besides, the roadkill would be atrocious. --GreenReaper(talk) 22:32, 14 October 2014 (EDT)
are you going to VancouFur 2016?
Are you going to VancouFur 2016? I would like to do a panel about WikiFur (an introduction to? a workshop?) at VancouFur 2016 (in March). Hoping to recruit at least two others as panelists. --EarthFurst (talk) 20:16, 24 January 2016 (EST)
From Russia with Love
- Thanks for the heads-up. I've adjusted the page according. --GreenReaper(talk) 09:11, 4 January 2017 (EST)
Curatorship for V. CA?
His edit rate may have slowed down a bit lately, but I notice User:V. CA has just passed 1000 edits. What do people think about elevating him to curator status? He's been editing regularly for two years, and has demonstrated that he has a good grasp of the way WikiFur articles are formatted.--Higgs Raccoon (talk) 22:35, 17 March 2018 (EDT)
- Not really sure if my vote counts here, but I'll be honest I was surprised when I originally joined up here and found that V.CA was NOT a curator. I definitely think he would be a great candidate. --FrostTheFox (talk) 23:28, 17 March 2018 (EDT)
- My apologies for not noticing this any earlier than I have. I thank all of you for the kind words, and I would gladly accept any nomination. --V. CA (talk) 21:01, 13 April 2018 (EDT)
- I see a good mix of constructive article edits, talk page use (including discussion of policy), and user interaction sustained over time. On these grounds I support this nomination. Given V. CA's agreement, and the apparent consensus here, I intend to grant colleague status unless there is any objection within 24 hours. I have moved so that any other colleagues who happen to be watching may comment, if they wish. --GreenReaper(talk) 16:01, 14 April 2018 (EDT)