WikiFur:Featured picture candidates
Featured pictures are images that add significantly to articles, either by illustrating article content particularly well, or being eye-catching to the point where users will want to read its accompanying article. Taking the common saying that "a picture is worth a thousand words," the images featured on WikiFur:Featured pictures should illustrate a WikiFur article in such a way as to add significantly to that article, according to the featured picture criteria.
If you believe an image should be featured, please add it below to the current nominations section. Conversely, if you believe that an image should be unfeatured, add it to the nomination for delisting section. For listing, if an image is listed here for seven days with four or more supporting votes (including the nominator if it was not a self-nomination), and the consensus is in its favor, it can be added to the WikiFur:Featured pictures list for rotation. If necessary, decisions about close votes will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- To see recent changes, purge the page cache
The nomination procedure on WikiFur:Featured picture candidates/Nomination Procedure will not be used until WikiFur requires it. Instead, images will be listed below. If a general consensus is met that the image is good enough, the image will be featured. If no consensus is met, the candidate will be removed from the list.
Supporting and opposing
- If you approve of a picture, write Support followed by your reasons.
- If you oppose a nomination, write Oppose followed by your reasons. Where possible, objections should provide a specific rationale that can be addressed.
- To change your vote, strike it out (with <del>...</del>) rather than removing it.
Votes added early in the process may be disregarded if they do not give any reasons for the opposition. This is especially true if the image is altered during the process. Editors are advised to monitor the progress of a nomination and update their votes accordingly.
Please remember to be civil, not to bite the newbies and to comment on the image, not the person.
If you feel you could improve a candidate by image editing, please feel free to do so, but do not overwrite or remove the original. Instead, upload your edit with a different file name (e.g. add "edit" to the file name), and display it below the original nomination. Edits should be appropriately captioned in sequential order (eg, Edit 1, Edit 2, etc) and describe the modifications that have been applied.
- Support. Uploaded by subject, just needs a license to be added. --EarthFurst (talk) 02:28, 19 July 2015 (EDT)
- Nominate and support. A shining example of fursuit photography, showing a character in a real-life setting and pose. I have contacted the submitter Malamutt and asked for clarification on the license and photographer. The suit itself is owned by EZwolf. Successful promotion would be contingent upon a compatible license and/or permission from the suit owner and photographer.--CodyDenton 07:08, 2 June 2011 (EDT)
- Support A great pose, shot, focus, and composition! BlueOtter 09:40, 6 June 2011 (EDT)
- Support, if only for the remarkable focus. 40x40pxEquivamp 00:20, 4 July 2011 (EDT)
Support It looks wonderful and great focus. --Wolferajd 01:40, 4 July 2011 (EDT)
- Support. -- Sine 19:20, 29 July 2011 (EDT)
- Conditional support - where's that licensing? Without it we can't really go forwards. --GreenReaper(talk) 20:17, 23 October 2011 (EDT)
- Support. Nice fursuit photo. I'm tempted to promote it (as the current featured picture has been around for a while now), but was the licensing issue resolved?--Higgs Raccoon 17:03, 21 November 2011 (EST)
Format of list
List candidates below by image link in this format:
<div style="clear:both"></div>[[File:Name.jpg|right|234px]] === Intended title of image === *Support --Someone *Oppose --Someoneelse
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|