What Nonsense is a webcomic by Caitlin Crowley. Humorous and sometimes creepy, it features anthropomorphic animal characters. The story follows the lives of the slightly deranged residents of "Nawncentz Inn," a remote vacation home, and the confused man who has been forced to live with them.
The main characters of What Nonsense are:
- Pike Swinson, a workaholic boar who has refused to take a vacation for the past three years. Out of concern for his wellbeing, Swinson's boss has ordered him to take a paid vacation at the "Nawncentz Inn" boarding house. Swinson, being an ornery and suspicious fellow, suspects that something is up when the other residents all appear to be loony.
- Dr. Roofadoodle Draboosternunny (aka Roofadoodle), the well-meaning landlord of Nawncentz. Cheerful and enthusiastic, Roofadoodle can be somewhat overbearing. He has a cruel penchant for messing with his new residents' minds, and although this creature takes his job very seriously, he does not take his tenants very seriously. Roofadoodle will often make fun the other residents, despite being the biggest weirdo of them all. He is madly in love with the maid Mathilde for reasons no-one knows.
- Mathilde (pronounced ma-TEELD), a terribly stern and intimidating hippopotamus. As the only cook and cleaner of Nawncentz she has to put up with a lot of trouble from the other residents. Despite her imposing statue Mathilde seems to be very fond of children, especially Eustace, and is generally much nicer to those who treat her with respect. This hippo has never been married, and she probably won't because she distrusts most men.
- Eustace, a koala/monkey hybrid who is the only child living at Nawncentz, Eustace has the weighty task of cheering up all of the grown-ups around him. His seemingly rude behaviour disguises a sweet disposition. He is exceptionally bright, and unhealthily competitive for his age. Often determined to prove everyone that he is right about everything.
- Martha, a rather dour kangaroo who appears to have gotten some hard knocks in life. Her level-headed, snide attitude is somewhat undermined by the fact that she is always seen wearing a tutu around the house. However, Martha is also the most self-aware resident at Nawncentz: she openly acknowledges that people there are a little eccentric. The other residents seem to be slightly afraid of her.
- Monsieur Zimmelman, a newt who is probably the most obviously abnormal tenant at Nawncentz, giving the appearance of a Napoleon impersonator. Although Zimmelman is the most serious and poker-faced resident at Nawncentz, he is good friends with Eustace. The two are often seen playing Super Nintendo together.
- Rosaline, the most innocent and spirited member of Nawncentz, beside Eustace. This dainty little javelina enjoys cooking traditional Mexican dishes and will occasionally be heard to sputter in Spenglish when she is very frustrated. It is hard to get on Rosaline's bad side, but Swinson seems to have done it anyway.
- About What Nonsense on the comic's website. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- Cast on the What Nonsense website. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
|This stub about a comic could be .|