Western Pennsylvania Furry Weekend
|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
The Western Pennsylvania Furry Weekend (WPAFW) is a furry gathering held in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania metropolitan area each year in early October. The event is directed by Blithe (formerly by Swift Fox until 2013), and is organized by a small staff made up of regional furs.
Comfort Inn Pittsburgh North
"The Comfort Inn Pittsburgh North is conveniently located near the downtown area, just 10 miles from the University of Pittsburgh and the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. This Pittsburgh hotel is also close to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium , PNC Park ballpark, Mellon Arena, Heinz Field football stadium and the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills shopping mall."
Aspinwall Fireman's Memorial Park
Built in 1958 and dedicated on September 27th, 1987, Aspinwall Fireman's Memorial Park has a shelter, horseshoe pits, basketball hoop, sliding board, swings, gym equipment, grills and picnic tables.
- Main article: History of the Western Pennsylvania Furry Weekend
- Swift Fox: Director
- Cadpig C. Lion JR: Operations Chairperson
- Blithe: Registration Chairperson
- Akira Shima: Charity Auction Chairperson
- Silaria Windsprite: Publications Chairperson
- FireLupine: Hospitality Chairperson
- Dobie Tanpaw: Website Administrator
- Autumnfox: Volunteer Coordinator
- TBD: Forum Administrator
- Western PA Furry Weekend News; The torch has been passed! - Swift Fox, Pennsylvania Furries (22 October 2012)
- Western Pennsylvania Furry Weekend website
- WPAFW message boards
- Pennsylvania Furries community on LiveJournal
- WPAFW on Twitter
- Photos, videos, reports: Western Pennsylvania Furry Weekend resources